No announcement yet.

Green is actually insulting Australian boxing fans now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green is actually insulting Australian boxing fans now

"I hit Paul with a straight left which we practice probably a thousand times in training. Paul Briggs was hit on the soft part of the skull at the top of the head.”

Green who spent the press conference waving a DVD of the footage around, discussed what he saw on a slow motion replay and seemed to want to protect the image of boxing.

"I have viewed the vision this morning and slowed the footage down to an incredibly slow speed and I’m actually happy I did that, because when you slow it down you can see the blow that lands.

"To the naked eye it seems that he hasn’t been felled, but this actually proves that he has been felled by a legitimate blow to the head and actually a brain-stem injury has occurred where his head has gone that way, he has gone in, I’ve gone bang and he’s legitimately hurt.

"I don’t regret saying what I said, when you’re prepared for twelve rounds of war and you go in there putting your life on the line for the fans and the passionate fans of Australia, when you put your life on the line in the ring, which I do, it’s disappointing and very frustrating

"Looking at the footage now Paul Briggs would have reacted the same way if he was in my shoes."

This is just treating us like fools. Sorry Danny, we are not that stupid and no, that KO was not legitimate.

I have to think that if Green now genuinely believed that he had landed a knockout punch he would have to apologise to Briggs.

He calls him a canine, then changes his mind and says it was legit, but offers no apology?

Think there will be a lot of ass-covering going on in the next few days. Green wants to keep the victory and after calming down probably realises the whole affair reflects just as badly on him as the champion and promoter.

Comment

Green didn't land anything, look how suprised he was when briggs went down.

You know when you land a punch on someone. You just do.

Green is just in damage control mode now.

He knows that this could effect future ppv buys from morons.

Comment

Man, some crazy **** went down last night. I couldn't sleep properly last night. I don't know what I want to believe anymore.

Comment

Green has to say this. He has no choice. The bookmakers are withholding the money placed on the 1st round KO, and it would look very bad if Green went around fuming that Briggs took a dive. There would be little or no more betting on Green's fights in the future if Green could not guarantee the integrity of his own events. That's where this bull**** spin is coming from.

I watched him saying it and the look on his face betrayed a man who didn't believe the bull**** coming out of his own mouth. He was disgusted with what he was being made to do.

This might be the best thing that could have happened. It was only a matter of time anyway. There's going to be a lot more scrutiny placed on boxing in Australia as a result of this utter fiasco. Maybe we'll start getting better fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
            Green has to say this. He has no choice. The bookmakers are withholding the money placed on the 1st round KO, and it would look very bad if Green went around fuming that Briggs took a dive. There would be little or no more betting on Green's fights in the future if Green could not guarantee the integrity of his own events. That's where this bull**** spin is coming from.

I watched him saying it and the look on his face betrayed a man who didn't believe the bull**** coming out of his own mouth. He was disgusted with what he was being made to do.

This might be the best thing that could have happened. It was only a matter of time anyway. There's going to be a lot more scrutiny placed on boxing in Australia as a result of this utter fiasco. Maybe we'll start getting better fights.
            I hope this is the case.

Comment

This was a PR disaster for camp Green and it sounds like they're going into damage control.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                Man, some crazy **** went down last night. I couldn't sleep properly last night. I don't know what I want to believe anymore.
                I've watched with interest as Billy Hussein, Jeff Fenech and now Danny Green (disbelievingly) have defended the punch and Briggs' reaction. This after Briggs was released from hospital without any apparent injury.

Maybe Hussein and Fenech are protecting a friend in public, but privately know they've been involved in a deception perpetrated by Briggs and others. Maybe.

Briggs signed on the dotted line 9 weeks ago. The fight was announced at the beginning of June. Briggs has gone along with the charade that he was serious about the fight. He's fed the media the sorts of quotes they like hearing and held a training camp, albeit one without a lot of intensity.

Look at the nonchalant man who turned up overweight. Look at the slow, oafish caricature who hit the canvas 19 seconds into the fight. He made it out of there and went to hospital.

Once the opening bell sounded Briggs had fulfilled all of his contractual obligations. Green has to pay him or face legal action.

The whole charade is undone by the unprecedented betting plunge on a 1st round KO. You can't fool all the people all of the time.

Before the Melbourne Storm scandal broke, there was a surge of bets on the Storm collecting the wooden spoon.

Briggs has a history of consorting with criminals. It's likely he has the contacts with the money to fix a fight for a significant windfall.

I stand to be corrected if new info comes to light. Until that hour of day, nothing can convince me Briggs was genuinely hurt. All of the people saying Briggs was hurt are protecting him, themselves and the sport. Mainly themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
                  I've watched with interest as Billy Hussein, Jeff Fenech and now Danny Green (disbelievingly) have defended the punch and Briggs' reaction. This after Briggs was released from hospital without any apparent injury.

Maybe Hussein and Fenech are protecting a friend in public, but privately know they've been involved in a deception perpetrated by Briggs and others. Maybe.

Briggs signed on the dotted line 9 weeks ago. The fight was announced at the beginning of June. Briggs has gone along with the charade that he was serious about the fight. He's fed the media the sorts of quotes they like hearing and held a training camp, albeit one without a lot of intensity.

Look at the nonchalant man who turned up overweight. Look at the slow, oafish caricature who hit the canvas 19 seconds into the fight. He made it out of there and went to hospital.

Once the opening bell sounded Briggs had fulfilled all of his contractual obligations. Green has to pay him or face legal action.

The whole charade is undone by the unprecedented betting plunge on a 1st round KO. You can't fool all the people all of the time.

Before the Melbourne Storm scandal broke, there was a surge of bets on the Storm collecting the wooden spoon.

Briggs has a history of consorting with criminals. It's likely he has the contacts with the money to fix a fight for a significant windfall.

I stand to be corrected if new info comes to light. Until that hour of day, nothing can convince me Briggs was genuinely hurt. All of the people saying Briggs was hurt are protecting him, themselves and the sport. Mainly themselves.
                  Excellent response, I have looked at every damn angle of the punch and even my wife can take that punch without blinking an eye.It couldn't even mess up her hair!

Just the fact that nobody is paying out on the late bets shows that there is a strong awareness of a rigged fight. There is an investigation going on with this and it would have been better if Briggs at least took a convincing shot before acting...even the stumble looked dodgy.

Comment

Briggs couldn't even open himself up to take a blow that would atleast look legit, what a fukn dumb fat ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X