No announcement yet.

Gmans Training Journal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmans Training Journal

For all of you, who want to follow the training of the best fighter on globalmma.

Today I worked on my sprawls and then rolled but the only way to submit is by rear naked choke. So far i'm two pounds, in my quest to drop to 200 pounds. Making me weight in at 228.

P.S. the best fighter on globalmma is not the best spellier on golbalmma.

Did you mean that in your grapple today you could only be subbed by rear naked? Sounds interesting...do you do that often?

And yes, your spelling is a disgrace!

Comment

Yeah only way, you can sub someone is by rear naked. It just helps me get the back. If I'm having a problem with armbars I only try working for the armbar.

Comment

Thats a very good idea...I need to do it for almost every move at the moment.

Comment

the armbar is a black belt move, gman. its good to try it alot to perfect that black belt move. read fabiano iha's interview on our main page: www.globalMMA.com .he explains it very well.

however you should try some of the moves that a lower level person would perfect faster, like chokes and control. even learning just defense. alot of times that is vital, no offense tires the other person out cause they constantly try. all you have to do is work off of it, wich can be minimal for you to do, so do that..... wait for the right time, and then sink in a choke or try just getting them that tired so they are completely done with.

food for thought

Comment

Yeah right now i should be working on my leg submissions and defence of legs submissions.The armbar was the second submission I learned, the first being they key lock from mount. I don't do any gi works, or have a belt. I just take a freestyle grappling class twice a week and then go to two open mats twice week.Another things i need to improve on are my wrestling skills, but i was doing that on monday.

Comment

I brusied my knee pretty bad yesterday. It hurts like a *****. I think I did it when I was doing my sprawls. It all black and strange colours.

Comment

Ice it up and give it a couple of days rest...will piss you off to sit still for 2-3 days, but is better than going back too soon and doing further damage and being out for longer

Comment

no more training till monday and I'm pissed off about. Oh well after my two week break i have to take off from training durning x-mas, I'm going to start training in some boxing on the weekends. Man two weeks without rolling. I'll kill my self.

Comment

Today, i worked on doing my shooting in. Then i worked on some arm bar escapes. I'm also getting so bad, mat burn on my knees, which i hate.

Comment

Working...
                    X