Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxer with best bodywork.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you speak of body work i got to mention Irish Micky Ward it was his bread and butter,now dont get me wrong im assuming you mean a relentless body assault an not just one shot here and there,but where some needed to be relentless to slow an opponent down ward could end it in any round with that left hook to the body for me thats a master body worker,ricky hattton was relentless with body work i think he deserves a mention.

Comment

joe fraizer

micky ward

henry armstrong

r duran

chavez sr

jerry cooney

tony zale

Comment

Chavez sr

Duran

Ward

Seen more chavez fights than the other two but the type of body attack Chavez inflicted was was brutal and second to none considering his his size

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          Good ones! Sweet Pea might not have had power but he was ferocious ripping those hooks and uppers to the body.

And Jones has multiple body shot KO's. He's a truly devastating body puncher and not in the traditional wear you down sense. One punch KO power to the body. That's scary.
          Yeah, is it true he learned that from McCallum after he fought him. Jones, I mean. And too bad Whitaker didn't use the body shots more. I remember he even stopped an opponent with them.

Louis, Marciano, Frazier and Cotto I should have remembered as well.
          Last edited by Anthony342; 12-13-2012, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Yeah, is it true he learned that from McCallum after he fought him. Jones, I mean. And too bad Whitaker didn't use the body shots more. I remember he even stopped an opponent with them.

Louis, Marciano, Frazier and Cotto I should have remembered as well.
            i dont think so, he had plenty of body ko's before that, he knew to throw to the body

Comment

Duran (ask Monroe Brooks), Louis, Chavez (Sr.), Frazier (primary exponent of the "Philadelphia left hook"), Tyson, Marciano, Cuevas, Cooney, to name a few...

Comment

Joe Frazier and Tyson stand out for me.

Comment

Best bodywork

Micky Ward

Comment

When Tommy Hearns used them he was a devastating body puncher.

Comment

Gerald McClellan was lethal with the left hook downstairs

Did a video on some of my top body bangers, take a look if u get a minute
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_fn9nlsPcY

Comment

Working...
                      X