No announcement yet.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Charly Suarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    True you do get kos in amatuer but they are hardly common especially in the lower weights.

Im no expert on gloves, but these are definitely not thesame as pro ones, if they weigh the same then there is some other difference because they seem to me like they are pillows. If someone shows/tells me otherwise then ill admit im wrong but im just going with my eyes here.

Add to that hes fighting guys who have good ring experience, they know how to survive in there when they are losing (see some of Garcia's holding in the last round against Lomachenko). Over five rounds a ko will be tricky.

Like i say im just going with my eyes but he seems ok in the power department. We shall see though
    Again..I m not criticizing him..I m impressed by the fact that I believe he is tons above this fighters but he can get the KO..I believe he is very powerfull and super gifted..

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
      Again..I m not criticizing him..I m impressed by the fact that I believe he is tons above this fighters but he can get the KO..I believe he is very powerfull and super gifted..
      It's your opinion you don't have to defend yourself so hard its all good. I agree it would have been nice to see him stop Suarez in the 4th or 5th but he did a decent job surviving and i think you may be underestimating the quality of opponent a bit. These guys are alot better than the normal opposition a pro prospect would face in his first 10-15 fights.

Lomachenko dropped guys like Toledo, Ramirez, Conceicao and hurt and dropped Suarez and Maxwell, his body shots are especially nasty and cringe worthy just watching it. His power seems quite good in my eyes.

Sounds like Cuba might get into WSB it would be great to see Savon, Larduet, La Cruz, Toledo, Ramirez in there next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        It's your opinion you don't have to defend yourself so hard its all good. I agree it would have been nice to see him stop Suarez in the 4th or 5th but he did a decent job surviving and i think you may be underestimating the quality of opponent a bit. These guys are alot better than the normal opposition a pro prospect would face in his first 10-15 fights.

Lomachenko dropped guys like Toledo, Ramirez, Conceicao and hurt and dropped Suarez and Maxwell, his body shots are especially nasty and cringe worthy just watching it. His power seems quite good in my eyes.

Sounds like Cuba might get into WSB it would be great to see Savon, Larduet, La Cruz, Toledo, Ramirez in there next year.
        Yeah man..I am so happy to hear that...I like robeisis Ramirez a lot..he is just 18 years old..can you believe that?..I also like Roniel Iglesias ..Erislandy Savon lose in the cuban national championship to Oñate but that's not so important since every contender in cuba is highly skilled have and perfect conditioning..most of them have the potential to become P4P fighter here in US........I said that of loma cuz he is two times olympic gold medalist, he deafeated Toledo(who was coming up in weight) and is for me one of the best 3 amateurs at the time..maybe the best...I can't wait to see how young cuban boxers do there...

Comment

surprised lomachenko was robbed of a KD lol....

Comment

Lomachenko in 2008 and 2009 at featherweight was increible, now at lightweight is very good but not the same, he don't have the same speed and foot work. But he is a monster

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              Yeah man..I am so happy to hear that...I like robeisis Ramirez a lot..he is just 18 years old..can you believe that?..I also like Roniel Iglesias ..Erislandy Savon lose in the cuban national championship to Oñate but that's not so important since every contender in cuba is highly skilled have and perfect conditioning..most of them have the potential to become P4P fighter here in US........I said that of loma cuz he is two times olympic gold medalist, he deafeated Toledo(who was coming up in weight) and is for me one of the best 3 amateurs at the time..maybe the best...I can't wait to see how young cuban boxers do there...
              Lulz come on now, that sounds like an excuse. Vasyl had to move up too when they eliminated the 57KG weighclass in 2011 and Toledo is like 5'10 - 5'11, he's huge.

Forgot about Iglesias he's terrific. Im still pissed about them robbing Savon he fu3ked Joshua up with a beautiful display, rolling under punches and using lateral movement to make Joshua look like the robot he is. Any video of Savon vs Onate?

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
              Lomachenko in 2008 and 2009 at featherweight was increible, now at lightweight is very good but not the same, he don't have the same speed and foot work. But he is a monster
              He was a bit more dominant at FW but its due to a style change and his opponents size, he no longer fights off the back foot counterpunching as more of a boxer/puncher. He's more of a extremely skilled slugger who has to pressure and work his way into mid range against mostly larger opponents and i prefer it as he's more aggressive and entertaining. Reminiscent of Duran.
              Last edited by Mikhnienko; 02-09-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                Lulz come on now, that sounds like an excuse. Vasyl had to move up too when they eliminated the 57KG weighclass in 2011 and Toledo is like 5'10 - 5'11, he's huge.

Forgot about Iglesias he's terrific. Im still pissed about them robbing Savon he fu3ked Joshua up with a beautiful display, rolling under punches and using lateral movement to make Joshua look like the robot he is. Any video of Savon vs Onate?.
                I don't think there is any video on you tube of that fight...Cuban national tv is part of the cuban government..so they never upload nothing on youtube..that should be recorded and stock in the archives of the cuban TV...when cuba change and they free those tapes I will be watching for month ..imagine Mario Kindelan fighting Lorenzo Aragon..Felix Savon vs Odlanier Solis..Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Yuriorkis Gamboa..

Comment

I was expecting more from Lomachenko. He just does not look the same for some reason like something is missing. The first 2 oponents are a step up in standard from the normal no hoper cannon fodder that get fed to prospects but I thought he would have been more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                    I was expecting more from Lomachenko. He just does not look the same for some reason like something is missing. The first 2 oponents are a step up in standard from the normal no hoper cannon fodder that get fed to prospects but I thought he would have been more impressive.
                    In what way was he not that impressive? Cuz he didnt get the KO?
                    Last edited by Russian Crushin; 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      In what way was he not that impressive? Cuz he didnt get the KO?
                      The spark just was not there that I remember in his amateur days. I just remember him as predator that overwhelmed his opponents. The pro fights were good and he did OK but I was expecting more.

Comment

Working...
                      X