Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez.Very good fighter or GREAT fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And oh yeah, we'll NEVER see Golovkin/Martinez. . Guess why? It's not Golovkin. .

The so called "people's champ" only wants to fight young, inexperienced guys like Chavez, or Canelo. . Or older, damaged boxers smaller htan him like Cotto. . Or TINY ass Floyd.

Comment

Hes a good fighter. Hes thriving in a really weak MW era.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
        very good in a weak division.
        Any division between 147-160 will be weak in comparison to him. The 154 guys were too bush league to give him a challenge so he moved up to beat up on bigger guys.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          And oh yeah, we'll NEVER see Golovkin/Martinez. . Guess why? It's not Golovkin. .

The so called "people's champ" only wants to fight young, inexperienced guys like Chavez, or Canelo. . Or older, damaged boxers smaller htan him like Cotto. . Or TINY ass Floyd.
          Or............undefeated guys like Barker or Dziziruk who had never been down as an amateur or pro. Like Pavlik who outweighed him by 11 pounds and had a 4 inch height advantage and was the MW champ. Like Macklin who had just gotten robbed in Germany after beating the crap out of the champ Sturm (who wanted no piece of Martinez) and who just demolished a former champ in under round. Like Chavez, who you say is inexperienced yet has almost 50 fights with no losses, outweighed Martinez by at least 15 pounds and had a 3 or more inch height advantage on him.

You guys hate him because you are scared of him.....and really, that's all you had to say instead of fabricating lies about him. He already said that his next fight will be in Argentina against a top MW fighter.........I bet Quillin gets his shot and gets his ass handed to him by the old man.

And let's not forget that Martinez moved up in weight so those "smaller" guys you are talking about are the same size as Sergio is.

Comment

People argue back and forth about different eras being stronger than others and that Sergio or Pac dont compare to the greats of yesteryear and so forth.

Sergio is a great fighter today as he is one of the best around right now. If you think he is only very good compared to Hagler or Monzon or whatever that is an opinion that holds no solid weight and nothing concrete.

Although i think Sergio is a modern great, i dont neccesarily think he has done anything that great compared to Pac.

I think Floyd is a modern great as well and Sergio is equal to Floyd. They both could do more, even though they are considered one of the best around.

Comment

He is Very Good right now he does not have any great names on his resume.
              He would have to beat Floyd, Cotto, Pacquiao, or Alvarez to be called great.

Comment

Alvarez? really?

Comment

Very good IMO.

Not close to the likes of Hagler and Monzon obviously though.

Comment

Actually, i will say Sergio is a very good fighter, and not great im back tracking.
                    Even though he is accepted as one of the best he hasnt fought the best competition around. If he beats the best fighters around he will be great and that goes with Floyd also.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      People argue back and forth about different eras being stronger than others and that Sergio or Pac dont compare to the greats of yesteryear and so forth.

Sergio is a great fighter today as he is one of the best around right now. If you think he is only very good compared to Hagler or Monzon or whatever that is an opinion that holds no solid weight and nothing concrete.

Although i think Sergio is a modern great, i dont neccesarily think he has done anything that great compared to Pac.

I think Floyd is a modern great as well and Sergio is equal to Floyd. They both could do more, even though they are considered one of the best around.

god you are such a tool. I mean jesus christ you are by the far the blindest, most ignorant toolbag on this site. holy shit man how do you DO IT?! its a talent few of us possess, but you are a master of your craft. I mean the fact that you make these posts and rants and probly think you sound so smart and articulate, you are nothing more than a laughing stock here. and the fact your name is hugh grant makes it even funnier, kinda like glamours your toolbag-ness, you fuckin tool lmao. you must have a tough life...

Comment

Working...
                      X