No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik's Manager on Andre Ward: ‘Kelly Wants The Fight’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Yes, Wladimir Klitschko won his Olympic Gold medal in Atlanta in 1996.
    Uhhh, I was talking about Ward smart guy.

You said Ward is scared to fight outside his country; so I guess he won his Gold medal in the USA

Comment

I do not understand this fight. I mean, Kelly is rebuilding why not go after an easier fight? He Fought this guy, before his name was b-hop and we all know what happened in that fight. That style is all wrong for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        The Klitschkos have had world title fights in many countries:

Russia
        USA
        Switzerland
        Poland
        Germany

But never a single one in their home country of Ukraine!

Ward has always been afraid to fight in any other country than the USA, even though Ward-Kessler would have drawn more fans in Denmark, Ward-Froch would have had a bigger crowd in the UK and Ward-Abraham would have done better in Germany.

Andre Ward is the world's most pampered boxer.
        They fought most of their career in germany, it's their home. Just like Canada is Bute's home.

It's not just about fighting at home, the Klits are known to be difficult in negotiations because they want to control everything.

Comment

This fight unfortunetly does seem to make sense for Pavlik who
          likely only wants to make the biggest purse possible as soon as possible and with everybody tied up in fights and the younger names still not yet ready he's the last remaining name guy in the division

Even though there are better fights to be made none provide the revunue this will for him plus he could very well lose so take on the top and then maybe theres something to be done after as a test for the newbies

Comment

no fckin chance.

Comment

good for kelly. i hope he makes it more competitive then it looks right now.

Comment

Hahahah Andre will completely annihilate that fool, he'll make him look more dumb than he actually is, he'll end his carreer for good and push him to drink some more. Pavlik you arrogant f0cker, don't take the fight you stupid ass.

Comment

this is absolutely the worst fight that pavlik could choose.....i would have liked to see him fight someone like froch - too bad froch doesn't have the balls to take that fight......

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    I think it would, Kelly doesn't take well to losing. Losing to Hopkins pushed him hard into drinking, and losing to Sergio made him start making a lot of bad out of the ring decisions.
                    Oh I misunderstood. In that case, you might be right.

I thought you meant like he'd physically destroy him to where he couldn't fight anymore. I was like wow Ward isn't that kind of fighter.

Comment

Terrible match up for pavlik...... A guaranteed loss, sad to say, I'm a pavlik fan and this is no good for him, pavlik is WAY too easy for ward to tee off on him..

Pavlik needs more fights before that match up, he's not even close to his confidence level where he was at before fighting Hopkins. Not a good look for pavlik.

Comment

Working...
                      X