Ricky Hatton has and always be a sub-class boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Pacquiao and mayweather both do that.

If they aren't fighting ruined names they are dragging fighters up in weight or draining them.

How many times in recent years has either of them fought top 1 or 2 guys at their own weight class who were in their prime and not coming off recent losses?
    Ortiz was #2 at ww,prime and coming off of a huge win.........just saying

Comment

i think Paulie Mag. is the ultimate gatekeeper and decider in this question. If he can beat you your sub par. But Hatton destroyed him. Bradley would get outworked. Garcia and Peterson too. If Hatton didnt test himself against 2 of the best fighters of this era Bradley and all them would be nobodys right now.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Ok so he couldn't beat two of the best fighters in the world. He's far from a sub-class boxer.
        The man lives of his one upset. Over a 36 year old Tszyu who announced his retirement in the ring that night.

He had two more legitimate opponents the rest of his career. He ended both of those fights on his back. I hate Pacquaio and I legitimately thought he killed Ricky in that fight. I actually thought I was witnessing death in the ring. Thank god that wasn't the case.

Ricky Hatton is an overweight, alcoholic glutton who has one of the most unwatchable styles in boxing of the past half century. He has fans because Brits love boxing (which is good) and Brits have no boxers to be proud of (which is bad).

Over the past week or two people have been talking about Ricky like he walked away from the sport at the top of his game and now he is coming to regain his throne. Ricky gave his all to the sport, true, but Ricky left with nothing. Which is what he remains today, which is how he will be viewed in boxing's analogues. Tough shit.

Comment

The only person his size that i think could beat prime rickey from the last 5-7 years besides manny and pac is Cotto. Who could box and be the bully. I think Cotto is a much better technical boxer today who can fight backwards now. But prime cotto at jr and welterweight had size speed and power. I think itd be a war with rickey landing some big shots but i think cotto lands cleaner blows and squeaks by a decision.

Comment

Marquez too hes a counter assassin. He counters your combinations with lethal accurate pin point shots. I think that's another war we missed out on. Would lean towards Marquez but thats just 2 people i think could beat him besides his losses already.

The top 5 at 140-147 the last 5-7 years is

Floyd
            Marquez
            Pac
            Cotto
            Hatton

Far from subpar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
              Marquez too hes a counter assassin. He counters your combinations with lethal accurate pin point shots. I think that's another war we missed out on. Would lean towards Marquez but thats just 2 people i think could beat him besides his losses already.

Floyd
              Marquez
              Pac
              Cotto
              Hatton

Far from subpar.

Yeah Ricky Hatton was and still is a HOF for sure.. Just look at him now..

Y esto no es vacilon..

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                Ortiz was #2 at ww,prime and coming off of a huge win.........just saying
                yeah that was a great win for sure...ortiz was only 2 because floyd wasn't in the rankings at that time. so when floyd fights someone ranked 2 it looks more impressive than it really is because he would be 3 if floyd wasn't so inactive. it's also the opposite for pac. he will fight a guy ranked 3 or 4 but the first 2 are him and mayweather and the other guy he's already beaten so he's really fighting the best guy available because we know floyd won't fight him. is floyd fighting the best guy available if he's fighting guys ranked 2? nope. great spin though.

Comment

prime ricky was good at what he does best.. he just couldn't match up with best in his era..

Comment

All you need to read is Ricky Hatton and sub-par boxer and realized this was a troll thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post

Floyd
                      Marquez
                      Pac
                      Cotto
                      Hatton

Far from subpar.

Where does Mosley fit in I think he would KO Ricky 140-147 , the night Cotto and Mosley met , either of them beat Hatton .

Comment

Working...
                      X