No announcement yet.

Dream 15 fightcard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream 15 fightcard

Lightweight Championship bout: Japan Shinya Aoki (c) vs. Japan Tatsuya Kawajiri
    Light Heavyweight Grand Prix Opening Round bout: Netherlands Melvin Manhoef vs. Japan Tatsuya Mizuno
    Lightweight bout: Brazil Gesias Cavalcante vs. Japan Katsunori Kikuno
    Middleweight bout: Japan Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. France Karl Amoussou
    Featherweight bout: Japan Michihiro Omigawa vs. South Korea Jong Young Sam
    Light Heavyweight Grand Prix Opening Round bout: Armenia Gegard Mousasi vs. United States Jake O'Brien
    Featherweight bout: Japan Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Japan Daiki Hata
    This is an amazing fightcard. I am going to try to make it to this one. I just finished my exams, and haven't been to a single card since I've been in this country, so this would be a great one to go to.

Unfortunately, the event is scheduled to begin at 4:00pm (although I doubt the fights will start so early, this is just what is listed). I have somewhere to be until 4:00pm at the earliest, so I think I'm going to jump on a train as soon as I get done, and take the 40 some odd minute train ride to the Saitama Super Arena.

Hopefully I'll make it to the fights, and have some comments to post about my experience.

Any thoughts on this card, post them here.
    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 07-09-2010, 04:18 AM.

It is a shame that the Overeem fight got cut, but this is still a tremendous card.

Comment

Lucky you get to see an live fightcard man, hope you have a blast an look forward to your overview of them have fun man.

Comment

Great card man, I'm actually really excited to see the Cavalcante vs Kikuno fight and the Manhoef fight.

Comment

Honestly, not sure if I'll make it or not. I have a conference which I have to attend, and I'm thinking I'll take the train to the Saitama Super Arena afterwards, and hope the tickets aren't sold out. If all goes well, I should catch the best of the fights.

Comment

I did indeed make it to the fights, and it was fully worth it. I missed the first 2 and a half fights, but I saw all of the fights I wanted to see. The Manhoef fight was perhaps the highlight of the night. Manhoef was suppose to blow Mizuno away, however during the build up, there was something in there air, and Mizuno was introduced as a Japanese fighter with good potential, and it was said (one of the Japanese commentators said this) that before, he was fighting and working for a company, and that now he is able to train full time.

I was looking forward to a Manhoef showcase, but once the fight got going, I noticed from the offshoot that Mizuno was showing true testicular forditude, standing in front of Manhoef, unafraid to engage in strikes, while at the same time, fighting a smart fight. I remember thinking that if Mizuno can survive the early onslaught, his chances will go up exponentially. This is what indeed happened. A major sign of things to come was when Mizuno executed a great inside trip, which lead to some ground and pound. This is all from memory, but fastforwarding a bit, I seem to recall the two standing up after a mis-faited armbar attempt by Mizuno led to him being reversed, and then working to his feet, and then Mizuno catching Manhoef and dropping him, and finnishing with a kimura.

Beyond that, I was truly looking forward to seeing Mousasi and O'Brien fight. With that said, O'Brien missing weight was a sure sign that he may not be in top form, having struggled to get down to size. That said, the way things went, I'm not sure how much it actually mattered. When O'Brien shot in, it initially looked like he may get the TD, but Mousasi was defending effectively. I initially considered the guillatine a deffensive move, but then Mousasi established the upperhand, and squeezed it in tight, to where O'Brien was forced to tap. My innitial feeling was thrill at the beauty of the sub, followed by slight disapointment at how quickly the fight went, after which I actually fealt bad for O'Brien a little bit.

The Kikujino-JZ fight was amazing. I really like Kikujino's fighting style, basically he is a traditional karate fighter, and it shines as bright as day, but he has tremendous all around skills as well. His knee from the open and his kick to the body, which I could hear from the upper row when it landed clean, are amazing techniques. JZ is a great fighter as well, and it showed. When it went to the cards, I knew the fight was close. I was leaning towards Kikujino, however I wasn't surprized when it went to JZ.

Aoki is among my favorite fighters, and it was great to see him pull off another sick submission, and to be their to wittness it. I was pulling for Aoki all the way, but being that it was the last fight of the night, I was hoping that Kawajiri would escape the sub attempt. However, at the same time once Aoki had gotten a hold of him, I was pretty sure it was gonna be over.

Definitely a great night of fights.

Comment

Anyways, following the fights, I made a trip to Shibuya in downtown Tokyo. It's a great place to recreate, and as it happened, I recreated a little too much (one could say, or you could say the opposite just as well). I'm now in an internet cafe, waiting for the ATM to be operable at 8am, in about 5.5 hours. These dudes over here are very hospitable and reasonable as long as you hold up your side of a bargain; if you don't, they'll make your life hell. I'm not about to fall into the latter category.

Also, I'm on IE so no spellcheck. Sorry if my typing is full of errors.

Comment

are u makin it on 1 single link to dl?

Comment

thats pretty tight man! i live in the US so stayed up till 5am watching the fights lol
                  didnt start watchin till after the Manhoef fight though. But the mousasi and aoki fights were so fast within the first minute subs without a punch thrown lol pretty tight. Although Aoki's eye was closed up from the stomps he took when sinkin in the lock.I really wanna see how he will do in a rematch with Melendez

Comment

Originally posted by Marciano90s View Post
                    are u makin it on 1 single link to dl?
                    Download links here:
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...&postcount=724

Comment

Working...
                    X