Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Pacquiao go from getting rocked by JMM to taking Cottos best shots...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sombras View Post
    I've received some answers which are true like the fact he didn't have to dehydrate himself so damm much at 145-146 and that JMM just kept countering him when he left himself open. Still what made me question this was because of those nasty uppercuts Cotto landed in the early rounds.
    when cotto landed some of those mean uppercuts:

1. pacquiao had his hands up and ready for the punch.

2. pacquiao's feet was set so even though the punches hurt , he didn't stumble or fall.

when jmm caught him usually it was when pacquiao was charging in.

pacquiao was too busy punching instead of anticipating getting hit.

he was moving so his feet weren't set so he'd stumble after getting hit.

Comment

Clean counter shots which are harder to anticipate compared to shots that he seen.

Hate if you want, but I don't think Cotto has ever been known to have absurd concussive power. He has good power though, and he wears on you with body punching and eventually knocks you out.

Comment

I've received some answers which are true like the fact he didn't have to dehydrate himself so damm much at 145-146 and that JMM just kept countering him when he left himself open. Still what made me question this was because of those nasty uppercuts Cotto landed in the early rounds.
        The uppercut that Cotto landed in one of the opening rounds did hurt him but Marquez's shot made him stumble because he caught him off balance and countered him, whereas Pacqiauo was staionary for Cottos uppercuts.

I dont think it was anything to do with weight i just think its due to the fact Marquez's timing and counterpunching ability is exceptional and Pacqiauos style causing him to be off balance sometimes, Pacqiauos always looked pretty comfortable at the the weights he fights at.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
          I still don't believe Cotto didn't KO Pac....
          i still don't believe pac beat barrera in 2003.

i still don't believe pac made delahoya quit.

i still don't believe pac did a tyson impersonation against hatton.

little **** always surprises me.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            when cotto landed some of those mean uppercuts:

1. pacquiao had his hands up and ready for the punch.

2. pacquiao's feet was set so even though the punches hurt , he didn't stumble or fall.

when jmm caught him usually it was when pacquiao was charging in.

pacquiao was too busy punching instead of anticipating getting hit.

he was moving so his feet weren't set so he'd stumble after getting hit.

Beat me to it bro, i said pretty much the same thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              i still don't believe pac beat barrera in 2003.

i still don't believe pac made delahoya quit.

i still don't believe pac did a tyson impersonation against hatton.

little **** always surprises me.
              So why are you picking Tony to beat him? Because he has absolutely no chance?

Comment

I'm not blaming steroids, Just because I have a question about Manny or judging him means I'm blaming him for steroid use? Get real *******.
                the fact that you have to asked shows you how much you know about boxing, diddly squat. the punch that stunned, not rocked, pac was a counter punch that pac didnt see coming. also if you look at that punch that stunned pac, marquez had full leverage on it while cotto's punches pac was covered up & was anticipating the punches coming so his body & mind was prepared to take the punch compared to the marquez counter that pac walked into & didnt see coming hence his body was unprepared for the shot & reacted accordingly.

but your title says it all, another veiled steroid conspiracy thread masquerading as a "serious" boxing question.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
                  the fact that you have to asked shows you how much you know about boxing, diddly squat. the punch that stunned, not rocked, pac was a counter punch that pac didnt see coming. also if you look at that punch that stunned pac, marquez had full leverage on it while cotto's punches pac was covered up & was anticipating the punches coming so his body & mind was prepared to take the punch compared to the marquez counter that pac walked into & didnt see coming hence his body was unprepared for the shot & reacted accordingly.

but your title says it all, another veiled steroid conspiracy thread masquerading as a "serious" boxing question.
                  Hate Giver this is raba.......shut the **** up nukkah

Comment

Like nothing? No this isn't a troll thread and I hate that b*tch Mayweather so you Mayweather fans stay the **** out of my thread or I'll put you on ignore.

Seriously how does someone improve the way he takes shots by bigger stronger men just by going up in weight while when they were smaller they got rocked by fighters their same size but Pacquiao doesn't get rocked by bigger men like Cotto who packs a punch.

Is it endurance/resistance training? What is it?
                    1) marquez has better precision and accuracy with his punches than cotto

2) marquez has the right style to beat the 126-130 lbs version of pac, cotto does not have the right style to beat the 147 lbs version of pac

3) pac isn't draining himself to get down to 126 or 130 lbs anymore... he actually has to eat 6-8 times a day to make 147 lbs

4) pac is fighting a lot smarter than he used to.

5) pac isn't just loading up on the left cross anymore.

in conculsion... marquez > cotto (p4p) and 147 lbs version of pac > 130-126 lbs version of pac.

Comment

So why are you picking Tony to beat him? Because he has absolutely no chance?
                      i'm not really picking tony.

i think tony has a better chance than people give him credit for. he is still bigger , he is still stronger and aside from mosley marg can take a mean shot and pacquiao doesn't exactly fight like mosley.

we'll see.

i'm a big pac fan so by fightnight i'll probably still root for pac.

but i like the underdog. in boxing anything can happen.

plus i get to laugh at pac and floyd if marg wins. they just threw aways 50-60 million a piece if they would just fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X