Filho Out Of Ifc Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filho Out Of Ifc Tournament

Source: MMAweekly and Full Contact Fighter

Injuries are a part of tournaments, but the IFC has been snake bitten by injuries BEFORE the tournament has started. Full Contact Fighters, Eduardo Alonso says quote

"In an unfortunate incident, Brazilian Top Team member Paulo Filho injured himself this Tuesday in training, just one day before his departure to the USA to compete in the much anticipated IFC Light-Heavyweight tournament. Filho was defending a takedown when he suffered a severe knee ligament injury and is currently in the hospital." Check out full contact fighter for full story

This will unfortunately be the third change of the tournament for Saturday's IFC event in Denver Colorado. Mike Van Arsale and Niko Vitale had to be scratched but IFC matchmaker Paul Smith did an excellent job getting in Forrest Griffin facing Chael Sonnen in the tournament. Now he will have to do it again as this time we are just four days away from the tournament.

I wonder who they will get to replace him on 4 days notice. This would be a great opportunity for an unknown fighter to make a name for himself.....

Comment

This was one of the best match ups, Shogun vs. Filho. Whoever takes this fight on a 4 day notice is gonna get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
        This was one of the best match ups, Shogun vs. Filho. Whoever takes this fight on a 4 day notice is gonna get hurt.
        Agreed.

Comment

That sucks. Filho was my pick to win it all. Now I'm going to have to go with Horn.

Comment

That is really ****ing annoying, I was hoping we'd be able to see the thrid ever Chute Boxe vs BTT matchup.

Comment

They replaced him with someone who is making there MMA debut, a BJJ guy, cant think of his name at the moment.....

Comment

I can make weight tell them to call me

Comment

Working...
                X