No announcement yet.

chi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chi

Has anyone ever felt it or used it in boxing?

the **** u on about? this isnt kung fu its boxing

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
      Has anyone ever felt it or used it in boxing?
      never in boxing but certainly in martial arts, its a very powerful tool, i have seen a martial arts master ring a bell from across a large room using his chi alone.

Comment

Originally posted by the_godslayer View Post
        never in boxing but certainly in martial arts, its a very powerful tool, i have seen a martial arts master ring a bell from across a large room using his chi alone.
        That is either black magic, an illusion, or bull****. Chi is bull****. I don't think even Manny Paqiaou gives a **** about it. This is boxing and it's the real deal, not some hocus pocus bollocks. Take your chi to the MMA bums forum.

Comment

danny... i've been looking up about this stuff lately and I tell you it is THE ****... I mean you can give it whatever name you want cause I'm sure lots of athletes, boxers or whatever get it but don't know what to call it.

I feel it on and off, but increasingly more week by week.

I get my chi from the speed ball... so much that I hang off it for 20min before training to get into the zone.

i could crap on but i'm sure i've left enough fuel in this post for someone to give me **** about being a hippy or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Benitez View Post
            That is either black magic, an illusion, or bull****. Chi is bull****. I don't think even Manny Paqiaou gives a **** about it. This is boxing and it's the real deal, not some hocus pocus bollocks. Take your chi to the MMA bums forum.
            mate, all im doing is responding to another members question, and by the way Chi is NOT bull****, it may not be the most applicable to boxing but its real nonetheless.

Comment

Yea, chi in martial arts is amazing. It's crazy. Never used it in boxing. But man, my school did a class on it with the brown and black belts and holy crap man. Was the most enlightening experience I've ever had.

Comment

Chi is an ancient concept used in chinese philosophy usually used to describe a kind of energy or energy flow in the body. Of course over the years the definition and interpretation changed according to the writer or philosopher. The concept and pragmatic usefulness of the concept here is interesting and I do not have a problem with. actually I think chinese philosophy has many great concepts and I have the ´Tao te ching´ which is very deep and meaniningful.

If you are talking about the claims of SOME martial artists to be able harness chi and knock people out by not physically touching them, or using the deathtouch, it my opinion it is complete bull****.

a couple of examples

Comment

Snake Oil.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1nzD-n25Q

Comment

Working...
                    X