Any Advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advice?

Hello people,

I am new to this forum and watch quite a bit of boxing but only on the TV. I was wondering if any of you could give me advice on how to bulk up and become generally fitter.

I am 17 years old, 6ft 2in and 13 stone. I have asked for advice on other forums and they have just said that isn't too far off a healthy weight for my height and i shouldn't be looking to do too much. However, i disagree as i have a very poor cardio fitness level and i have hardly got any muscle definition ANYWHERE!

I have a gym (a regular gym, not a boxing one) near to me, which i am a member of, and has all the equipment you could wish for but i go there and am not sure what to do as i don't have any real structure to my workout. Therefore, i get a bit bored easily and find myself stood about quiter alot.

So i am now wanting to start afresh in the gym and wanted some advice on how i should construct my workout. Among the many parts of my body which isn't in the best shape, my abs have absolutely no definition muscle-wise (like everywhere else) and like i said previouslly my cardio fitness is poor to say the least.

Sorry if i have babbled on too much,

Thanks

well get a general routine together so that you dont find yourself getting bored and wanting to leave before accomplishing a certain goal, if i were you and was looking for general fitness, i would devise a workout plan including but not limited to, running on the treadmill, situps, pushups, and weightlifting as you see fit. try to find your mental and physichal limit on each of these and construct a plan to fufill each time you visit.
    hope i have helped and good luck

Comment

Hey Marron welcome to boxingscene.com. If you tell me what you want to focus on as well as cardiovascular fitness then I'm sure I can draw up a plan for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ell View Post
        Hey Marron welcome to boxingscene.com. If you tell me what you want to focus on as well as cardiovascular fitness then I'm sure I can draw up a plan for you.
        Thanks, sent you a PM

Comment

Find yourself a good boxing gym and get yourself in shape. Don't worry about your weight, or how pretty you are. Boxing ain't a beauty contest. Depending on your background and potential, it could take many years to get in boxing shape. It takes a lot of training for a man to go 12 hard rounds. Best time to start is right now.

Comment

Are protein shakes proven to help?

And how often should you have one?

Comment

the best routine is the one you stick with

Comment

"Are protein shakes proven to help?

And how often should you have one?"

Clean up your diet before supplements

Comment

It sounds like you don't plan on boxing but are looking to just get in general shape, if so...To bulk up you have to eat more of the right clean foods and hit up 2-4 weight training workouts a week. You could do two upper and lower body splits. Exercises like squats, dead lifts, lunges, chins, pull ups, rows, military presses, dips, db presses etc.. compund exercies work best to bulk up.

To get defined abs it's all diet and the right core exercises. Reverse crunches, db swiss ball crunches, wb chops, slege strikes etc. You can't spot reduce with burning out your core. Clean your diet up and limit the starchy, simple carbs to get ripped. No boxed or canned foods and margarine and trans fats.

Consume a good quality fish oil and drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day.

As far as reps go for the above exaercise it depends on your training age and background. For a newbie you will m ake great gains while learning the exercises using 13-15 reps and 1-3 sets per exercise with a minute rest. Or super set some of them( combine ) and rest for 2 min.

Jump rope, run sprints or shuttle runs and buy a sled and drag it push it pull it and run with it. You will get in shape fast.

I'm writing this cause it sounds like you don't have access to a boxing gym, if you do, just box to get fit. Good luck kid!

Rob Pilger
                  www.boxingperformance.com
                  www.theultimateboxingworkout.com

Comment

Working...
                  X