No announcement yet.

New routine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New routine

Right, this might be quite long but i want to see what your views on it are!! Starting from the 1st February i am going to be doing (and not doing) the follwing things. It's just a month trial really to see if i feel or train any better. There in order of what i'm going to find hardest!

Fast foods- i'm going to have to seriously cut down on the amount i eat, at the moment im eating maybe 4 or 5 fast food meals a week and countless numbers of snacks from KFC lol. I'm going to start eating alot more protein rich foods, like tuna. Anyone got any decent recipes for me with protein rich foods??

Smoking and drinking - currently i'm drinking every weekend and the only way i can stop drinking is by not going out, which usualy ends sitting getting drunk with my dad and his mates anyway! I occasionly would smoke (once every 2 weeks) when im bored or have nothing better to do.

Stamina - i need to work on my stamina, when im sparring and throw 5 or 6 punches and am very tired, this is the most serious thing that needs sorted and i HAVENT A CLUE on how to up my stamina, ive heard hill running is quite good and im definitly going to start! If anyone knows on how to get my stamina up PLEASE TELL ME!!! I would rate myself as an OK boxer but my stamina sucks!!

Jogging - i am going to start going for daily jogs of maybe 4 or 5 miles to get my fitness up.

Training - some days i just couldn't be bothered going, from now on i'm going to go every day and train 110% i'm really going to push myself so i can see what i'm capable of. Still havent got the hang of the speed ball though lol after 1 and a half years.

Water- i'm going to try and drink just water and pure orange juice for the month, this may or may not have any effect but i will soon see!!

Well there you have it, sounds more like a new years resolution lol but i seriously need to get things sorted! If any-one sees anything i should be doing or has any ideas for me please say. Thanks very much if you do!!

Sounds good, but easier said than done given your current situation. That's gonna take some serious dedication. The good news is, you'll know that if you can do it and stick to it, you have what it takes to box.

As for the recipes, check the RECIPES sticky at the top of the Training threads.

Good luck.

Comment

Yeah thanks i need as much coaching on as possible lol. And i just found the recipe thread, Gud God!!! Everything sounds beautiful lol and it's all healthy!! I'm hoping I do have what it takes to box, ive been sort of on and off it since i started but i really want to get into it now!!

Comment

You smokin cigarettes??

or other ****....

Comment

Emm at one point i was smoking 1-2 bongs (water pipe for marijuana) every day when i got home from college but i made that a new years resolution and stopped lol. I think since then i've had one hit, i can't remember i might not even have had 1! I would smoke a cigarette maybe once every 2 weeks or less and usualy only a few draws not a whole cigarette.

Comment

After a couple of days, and then again in a couple of weeks, and then again in a couple of months, and (probably, I imagine) after a couple of years, you'll assess the sacrifices you're making in your life and you'll decide whether or not you want to continue. And that's fine. To do this year in and year out you have to be equal parts aggressive, fearless, disciplined, masochistic, narcicisstic, optimistic, smart, shrewd, conniving, and just plain nuts. That may or may not describe you.

You need to dedicate yourself and then find out if it's for you or not. If it is, hey, great! If not, that's fine, too. No shame, there. But you'll never know whether or not this is truly your sport if you half-ass it.
            Last edited by fraidycat; 02-26-2007, 07:51 PM.

Comment

To be honest, smoking weed hasnt affected me at all... from what I know atleast

I mean I went about a month without smoking anything and felt the same as when i smoked on the same day I trained

Comment

Yeah i know what you mean but its the trouble it brings aswell and the money. I just couldn't be bothered with drugs anymore.

Comment

For some people smoking marijuanna has no affect at all. Others, it might make them feel sluggish the next day. I smoked a whole weekend a month ago, and came into training the next day and had a great workout. Im keeping away from it for now though.

Comment

I smoked weed everday for about 11 years, and i gotta say...for me it brought me down...i think some people could get away with it though...it made me lazy, and killed all my motivation...if you smoke only on weekends, or every few days then i dont think it will have a negative effect on your boxing...

I still smoke cigarettes though, and they definately effect my stamina...i dont smoke nearly as much as i used to...hope fully by the end of march i will quit completely..

I also take pain killers, when it comes to these things, i think they have a positive effect on training...though, im sure some people would argue that it doesnt..i think it does...

Comment

Working...
                    X