Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez "Mayweather Is The Best.. I'd Fight Pacquiao At A Catchweight"(Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he'd be down with a fight at 150? I don't see that happening.

Plus Manny would be the underdog in a lot of people's eyes and expected to be KO'ed within 5 going in, then when he goes DLH on that ass, there's a ready-made excuse there.

HBO hasn't released his #s for the Dzinziruk fight yet which is extremely odd, probably means they were abysmal. Sergio is one guy who would've really benefited himself by going to TR or GBP because Dibella can't promote for ****. No reason why Sergio isn't making at least Cotto money and headlining PPVs. But as it stands, no one outside of sites like this knows who he is and a co-promotion makes little to no sense for Arum, he'd be taking all the risks and doing all the work while Dibella sat back and begged HBO for dates as usual. I remember Arum trying to buy out Lou so he could be the sole promoter on Cotto-Martinez last fall but Lou wasn't having it.

Pretty much the only way a fight for Sergio between either Manny or Cotto means pulling a Mosley/Marquez. Or at the least, Arum getting a share of Martinez's promotional rights ala Cintron.
    Last edited by ThePrince; 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

People love to infer what they want. He never said 150. Try to be smart.

Comment

I never understand why translators feels the need to put in extra words, when translating.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          People love to infer what they want. He never said 150. Try to be smart.
          it's implied smartass

"..If he (Pacquiao) was able to fight Margarito and they agreed to a catchweight, that's something I'd definitely be interested in...

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            it's implied smartass

"..If he (Pacquiao) was able to fight Margarito and they agreed to a catchweight, that's something I'd definitely be interested in...
            That's not what Martinez said.

He said if Pac and Margarito were able to agree upon a catch-weight. Then perhaps Pac and him could agree to a catch-weight.

Never really implied 150.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              That's not what Martinez said.

He said if Pac and Margarito were able to agree upon a catch-weight. Then perhaps Pac and him could agree to a catch-weight.

Never really implied 150.
              well i didn't really bother to listen to the audio because i can't understand it so i based it on the op. anyway my post about that 150 thing was with a question mark but some ****** butt in with his "he never said 150" rant.

anyway, if he's interested to a catchweight with pac it should only be below 154 right? it's bull**** if he's referring to 155 and up.

Comment

it's implied smartass

150 isn't implied, idiot. A catchweight is. God help some of y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  150 isn't implied, idiot. A catchweight is. God help some of y'all.
                  it is implied moron based on that phrase. it mentioned the agreed catchweight fight between marg and pac which was at 150...and it's something he's interested in.

Comment

it is implied moron based on that phrase. it mentioned the agreed catchweight fight between marg and pac which was at 150...and it's something he's interested in.
                    If 150 is what you believe is implied then you are a ****ing idiot. Wait, what am I saying? You are an idiot

Comment

Martinez is really all about the benjamins and he knows what time it is, can't blame the guy. Too bad he rode the hypocrisy train. He'll be mentioned alongside the same breath as Dela Hoya.

Comment

Working...
                      X