Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People are dancing on Wilder’s grave, I’m neither impressed nor convinced...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are dancing on Wilder’s grave, I’m neither impressed nor convinced...

Okay, I admit I was wrong in picking Wilder to win. I also admit that I usually root for the boxer over the puncher; that’s just the way I am.

The boxer beat the puncher.

And it was a bit satisfying to me to see Wilder finally beaten and with a style I particularly admire (Fury came forward and frustrated him much like a bigger version of B-Hop or Ward).

With that said, I neither condone nor agree with those who are acting like Wilder is finished in terms of boxing.

I do admit that he is digging major holes for himself in all of the dumb excuses he’s making — he should have kept his mouth shut, but by this point he may never live it down.

That said, I still think he could be the second best heavyweight around today. All we know at this point is that Fury seems to have the jump on him and hence it seems safe to say he’s the better heavyweight.

Thoughts?

Roy Jones said it best if you can’t lose gracefully you can’t be a champion again , anyone coming out with excuses like he did for years of just nonsense at times or off the wall,ones like wanting to give birth tells me he won’t be seeing any titles from here on out . At this point you might as well even have the dog pee on his grave if he takes the immediate rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
      Okay, I admit I was wrong in picking Wilder to win. I also admit that I usually root for the boxer over the puncher; that’s just the way I am.

And it was a bit satisfying to me to see Wilder finally beaten and with a style I particularly admire (Fury came forward and frustrated him much like a bigger version of B-Hop or Ward).

With that said, I neither condone nor agree with those who are acting like Wilder is finished in terms of boxing.

I do admit that he is digging major holes for himself in all of the dumb excuses he’s making — he should have kept his mouth shut, but by this point he may never live it down.

That said, I still think he could be the second best heavyweight around today. All we know at this point is that Fury seems to have the jump on him and hence it seems safe to say he’s the better heavyweight.

Thoughts?
      I still have him number 2, as he only lost to the very best in the division and there’s no shame in that.

We all knew of Wilder’s flaws but it still took a great fighter in Fury to truly exploit them enough to beat him.

My HW rankings haven’t really changed apart from the gap between #1 and the rest being considerably bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Roy Jones said it best if you can’t lose gracefully you can’t be a champion again , anyone coming out with excuses like he did for years of just nonsense at times or off the wall,ones like wanting to give birth tells me he won’t be seeing any titles from here on out . At this point you might as well even have the dog pee on his grave if he takes the immediate rematch.
        Says the guy that ran from Tarver to fight garbage azz Ruiz and only fought Tarver because he didn't want to fight Lewis or Tyson at hw then blamed it on weight.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
          Says the guy that ran from Tarver to fight garbage azz Ruiz and only fought Tarver because he didn't want to fight Lewis or Tyson at hw then blamed it on weight.
          You must be a Wilder fan to think RJJ fighting either Mike Tyson or Lewis would have been a good idea . Ha

I know one thing Jones never made excuses on his wardrobe decisions. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post

Thoughts?
            I took Wilder as well. Wilder didn't look right. I noticed him sweating once he took that mask off and was like ohhh sht!!!

Comment

You must be a Wilder fan to think RJJ fighting either Mike Tyson or Lewis would have been a good idea . Ha

I know one thing Jones never made excuses on his wardrobe decisions. Ha
              there are only 3 fighters I don't like in all of boxing currently. Thurman, Joshua, and GGG. So yes I'm a wilder fan and I'm also a Fury fan. I've been saying it for years. Wilder losing does not make me mad at Fury. It's ok to be a fan of both fighters. There is no unwritten rule against it. And no it wouldn't have been a good idea at all, but if you're a "hw champ" not willing to take on anyone, then stfu about it. The same goes for Canelo. I don't expect him to fight Beterbiev, but at least he's not entertaining it in the media. And yes Wilder's excuses are bs. But as I've been saying for years(documented on this site), he's just not very good and never has been.

Comment

Furys the best in the world, abusing himself didn't help the others. But wilder could be 2 nd best. That's why wilder needs to fight other heavyweights and forget about fury until he's ready

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                  there are only 3 fighters I don't like in all of boxing currently. Thurman, Joshua, and GGG. So yes I'm a wilder fan and I'm also a Fury fan. I've been saying it for years. Wilder losing does not make me mad at Fury. It's ok to be a fan of both fighters. There is no unwritten rule against it. And no it wouldn't have been a good idea at all, but if you're a "hw champ" not willing to take on anyone, then stfu about it. The same goes for Canelo. I don't expect him to fight Beterbiev, but at least he's not entertaining it in the media. And yes Wilder's excuses are bs. But as I've been saying for years(documented on this site), he's just not very good and never has been.
                  What chameleon are you , you haven’t been on the forum with that screen name , for years ? You lot up and left Wilder with the he wasn’t that good and that was the plan .

Back to the subject , the only guy I knew not to take on everyone was Wilder ? If he did we would have got an undisputed fight in 2018 ?.Ha

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X