Comments Thread For: Weights: Deontay Wilder 231-Pounds, Tyson Fury 273-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Fury has never gassed, insane engine

Fury is 273 but looks stronger than I’ve ever seen.

Wilder is getting punished
    Put your money where your mouth is.

10k points Wilder beats Fury.
    ???

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
      Fury never gassed ? Is t fury the one who said it himself that he was to tired in the first fight to try and put wilder away when he thought he had him hurt ? Fury is all water and fat . He has no muscle tone at all so it’s not like he put on 17lbs of muscle .
      How you know what he is....EVERY fighter is tired after by the 12 round in fight.... He'll be Much stronger I do know what much..

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
        1st fight weigh ins:

Wilder: 212.5
        Fury: 256.5

Difference in weight: 44 lbs

2nd Fight weigh ins:

Wilder: 231
        Fury: 273

Difference in weight: 42 lbs

Who has the advantage, Wilder who weighs 18.5 lbs more in the rematch than in their 1st fight or Fury who weights 16.5 lbs more in the rematch than in the 1st fight???
        I think you are framing this in a light to try and elicit a specific response. I think the better way to look at this is not who gained the most, but who moved closer to their optimum weight.

I think Wilder was too light for their first fight, though he may be too heavy now, I think he is roughly just as close to his optimal weight of 220 as he was before.

Fury was too heavy for the first fight.....he is heavier now.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
          Fury never gassed ? Is t fury the one who said it himself that he was to tired in the first fight to try and put wilder away when he thought he had him hurt ? Fury is all water and fat . He has no muscle tone at all so it’s not like he put on 17lbs of muscle .

That's what I'm seeing too he wore the shirt for a reason and I believe he will lose water weight drastically through the fight. If Wilder plays his cards right he can make it a short night Wilder by ko in 5

My first prediction on this one up till now I didnt wanna call it

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
            They each put on roughly the same amount of weight. I don't this changing much of anything.

If anything, they'll both be slower and they'll both gas easier. I think Deontay

I think most of that weight for Fury is water. Notice he's been chugging all week.

I don't see what the point in Deontay putting on extra weight is. He doesn't need it. I think it's gonna hinder him more than help.
            Chugging water all week would cause him to come in lighter. One of the tricks to shedding water weight is to drink excessive amounts for the time leading to, then stopping. Your body will continue to urinate every twenty min or so like it was when you were drinking gallons per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
              Put your money where your mouth is.

10k points Wilder beats Fury.
              ???
              Here y'all go y'all Evidently didn't learn from 1st fight....**** points PUT YA $ UP if you feel that good

Comment

Third highest weight of Fury's career. Hopefully they stand and bang.

BBBOOOMMMBBB SSSQQQUUUAAADDD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Chugging water all week would cause him to come in lighter. One of the tricks to shedding water weight is to drink excessive amounts for the time leading to, then stopping. Your body will continue to urinate every twenty min or so like it was when you were drinking gallons per day.
                  These dumb boxing case studies don't understand science bro lol Everybody knows water makes you lose weight

Comment

I just don't know that the extra 16.5 pounds will actually translate into significantly more strength and power..... I also don't get all the posts saying Fury is at his best when he is north of 270 when he was 247 for his career best performance against Wlad, he's only this heavy against poor opposition. Well we'll see tomorrow..... I'm still picking him to win but if he doesn't it's going to be another Ruiz situation where dudes are flip flopping and going from saying Fury was at his optimum weight to saying he didn't train etc.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Not necessarily my friend. Water retainment is a thing & some hold more than others.
                      Back when I played football in HS and college we used to put on weight days before by chugging gallons on water. My senior year of highschool I vividly remember putting on exactly 7lbs the day before a game. Running back Demarco Murray did it when he played for the cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                      X