No announcement yet.

Heavy hitting heavyweights 1990-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy hitting heavyweights 1990-

When talking about the hardest punching heavyweights, The names like Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Shavers, Liston , Foreman, Tyson always come up. I want to exclude those fighters and focus on the hardest hitting heavyweights since 1990(minus Tyson). Not overall skill, but power. First to my mind are Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko. And less talented fighters like Morrison or Ruddock. Any other opinions on the hardest hitting heavyweights since 1990?

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    When talking about the hardest punching heavyweights, The names like Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Shavers, Liston , Foreman, Tyson always come up. I want to exclude those fighters and focus on the hardest hitting heavyweights since 1990(minus Tyson). Not overall skill, but power. First to my mind are Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko. And less talented fighters like Morrison or Ruddock. Any other opinions on the hardest hitting heavyweights since 1990?
    David Tua comes to mind.

Comment

Ike Ibeabuchi
      David Tua
      Riddick Bowe
      Andrew Golota

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Ike Ibeabuchi
        David Tua
        Riddick Bowe
        Andrew Golota
        Ibeabuchi's power is incredibly overrated in my opinion. His only big name ko was a former middleweight named Chris Byrd. Other than that he doesn't have an impressive ko on his resume unless we count pretenders and never were's. don't get me wrong, the guy had some tools in the bag. But since getting locked away he has become almost mythical in all aspects of boxing while he accomplished almost nothing.

Bowe is a very good pick.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Frank Bruno - He gets alot of props from Earnie Shavers, and had horrific punching power even though he couldn't land one for **** and tightened up after round 3 so bad it was gone.

David Tua

Razor Ruddock

Tommy Morrison - Ray Mercer said he hit so hard it made him **** his pants, ridiculous! Should have taken a laxative before that one XD

Bert Cooper - Candidate for hardest hitter of that era IMHO. Put Holyfield down and Moorer

Lennox Lewis - I don't think he had terribly awesome power, but was deffinently above average

Wladimir - Self explanatory, I would say he hit harder than Lewis

Comment

Dare I add David Haye as being a fairly heavy handed gent?

Comment

Tua
              Lewis
              Both Klitschkos
              Mercer
              Haye

Dare I add Sam Peter LOL

Tua probably the biggest puncher, not too many people I would bet on to take a David Tua left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Ibeabuchi's power is incredibly overrated in my opinion. His only big name ko was a former middleweight named Chris Byrd. Other than that he doesn't have an impressive ko on his resume unless we count pretenders and never were's. don't get me wrong, the guy had some tools in the bag. But since getting locked away he has become almost mythical in all aspects of boxing while he accomplished almost nothing.

I disagree. He had many knockouts, and did you see the knockout of Chris Byrd? It was one punch that had him drooling and not able to comprehend what was happening.

One punch took away his legs and had him stunned until the fight was called.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Byrd still had a very good chin(he lasted against wlad the first time), Ike's power is overrated but that doesn't mean he didn't have a very good punch he definately deserves a mention here imo. That said I am Nigerian
                  Last edited by RubenSonny; 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa
                    I'm sorry,when was Byrd a middleweight again? I'm looking at his record,and at no point in his career does it claim that he fought as a middleweight.
                    The Olympics

Comment

Working...
                    X