No announcement yet.

Pride and k-1 news

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pride and k-1 news

K-1's Japan office declared Michael McDonald vs. Martin Holm for their 12/7 Tokyo Dome show as a reserve match.

Nobuhiko Takada is expected to become a matchmaker/producer for PRIDE in the future. Takada underwent medical treatment on Monday after his retirement fight against Kiyoshi Tamura.

Kazushi Sakuraba has been driven into long-term cancellation of PRIDE fights due to serious injuries. Sakuraba suffered a tendon injury in his right knee in his fight last Sunday against Gilles Arsene (France). Sakuraba is opting against surgery and will try to reinforce his leg muscles. There is also some feared ligament damage in the right knee.

Kendo Ka Shin, Satoshi Kojima, Kaz Hayashi, Matt Ghaffari, & Roddy Piper's participation for ZERO-ONE's 12/15 Ryogoku Kokugikan (Sumo Hall) show in Tokyo are still awaiting for matchmaking changes to the card line-up.

Vanderlei Silva is expected to work for PRIDE 25 in February of 2003. Silva wants to fight against Hidehiko Yoshida and there are problems regarding weight difference being brought up. Silva says that if he fights Yoshida, he doesn't want Yoshida to wear the judo gi.

Don Frye officially suffered a right elbow dislocation in his fight against Hidehiko Yoshida last Sunday. Frye is returning to America.

props to 4nzix and to Zach Arnold

That is why I dont think Frye Vs. Yoshida was a work, IMO, I do not believe Frye would risk an injury for a work. I also doubt that Yoshida will fight Silva without a gi......

Comment

It's one of the reasons I do think it is a work. Frye is at he very end of his career. The only reason he is fighting now is for the $$$. If you want to make the fight look real go all out and dislocate something. It's not that serious of an injury.

Comment

Works exists everywhere ... we just do not know which is which, many fights that nobody ever thought to be in fact is, and vice versa.

Yoshida x Frye could be as much as Tito x Ken, same argument: poster boy x retirement legend.

We all know that either Ken and Frye did some pro-wresting ... they are not virgins, you know ...

Comment

Tito vs Ken and Yoshida vs Frye weren't works. Your a ****** if you think so

You don't get sent to the hosbitial doing a work

Comment

I dont think you should call people ******s for expressing there opinions, but people dont get there ass kicked that bad on purpose......

Comment

Even if Frye/Yoshida was a work, and I don't think it was, it is extremely possible for an injury to come out of it.

Work or not, the strikes still land, the submissions still hurt, it is easy enough to hurt someone when training with them without a capacity crowd yelling to increase your adrenalin. Once adrenalin takes over, it only takes 2 inches extra on an armbar to make an elbow pop.

Comment

And I would give a kidney to see Vanderlei fight Yoshida...this could be a classic IMO

Comment

Working...
                X