Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward vs kovalev at 175 ? Who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

andre ward is in his joe calzaghe phase, hiding out at 168 and refusing to fight anybody threatening outside his division.

he will finally fight kovalev and stevenson when they are mid to late 30s just like calzaghe did to bernard and roy when they were in their 40s.

Comment

Ward would still dominate Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Ward gave an interview the other day saying he's not moving up and that there are plenty of match-ups at 168.
        Ward has bigger names at 175, why waste time at 168 if he isn't going to fight Froch? I think he is holding out for a chavez or GGG clash. I think both those fights are useless, GGG is too small to get away from Ward's jabs and Junior is not elite.

Comment

It's a difficult fight for Ward, people forget Ward does get hit, even Abraham landed a fair bit on him in the opening rounds, Ward would have to be defensive as hell early but he'd take over after the early rounds and win UD i think

anyone saying it's "easy work" for ward are mistaken though

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Your right about Ward wanting the most lucrative fights,,, but wrong about everything else... he will also stay at 168 for awhile,,, he has already said that, so if he stays at 168 for another 3 years or so, he will indeed fight all the guys me and weebler mentioned,,,

You can nitpick all you want, but thats straight from ward's mouth,, HE IS STAYING AT 168 FOR A LONG TIME
            From his interview on Fight Game :

"But I know the ideal situation is to go to 175 and not come back down. There’s not a lot of options at 168."

Straight from the horse's mouth. It's pretty clear he'll move up if he can't get a Chavez fight or a Froch rematch. Maybe he'll wait until GGG gets enough hype to create a super fight, which would happen if he beats Martinez, but you can forget about the Rodriguez's, Dirrell's, Oosthuizens or Groves of the world.

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Ward has bigger names at 175, why waste time at 168 if he isn't going to fight Froch? I think he is holding out for a chavez or GGG clash. I think both those fights are useless, GGG is too small to get away from Ward's jabs and Junior is not elite.
            A simple jab is not gonna deter a guy with GGG's amateur pedigree, do not underestimate his ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Most likely because he has already cleaned out his 168 division, has beaten alot of top guys,, will probably leave the game as the best 168 champion ever,,,
              Then throw in a lightheavy reign, and also being p4p#1 fighter in the world...

What more could you ask the guy to do in a career
              dude you are stating things that have not happened yet as if they have...isnt that a bit, well, ridiculous?

Comment

Big size difference, big power and strength difference. Ward has to fight a roy jones fight to win. Being close to kovalev is a mistake.
                This would bybfar be wards toughest test to be able to get through 12 rounds

Comment

Ward schools Kovalev
                  he does the same to Stevenson for that matter
                  would prefer this to Ward staying at SMW at this point
                  come back, tuneup, then go after the LHW champs
                  Stevenson should come first, he'll beat Cloud
                  after that, go after Kovalev to unify

Comment

Ward may not have the size and power to keep
                    Kovalev off of him. Dont think he has that roy jones speed either.

Tough fight for ward. Needs 3 game plans to win that tough fight.
                    Wont be easy

Comment

Kovalev only needs to land once.

Comment

Working...
                      X