No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Is this ok? Just for regulars to get their word in on the fight. If any of the NSB-tards slip through the cracks, Bringer or Reed can block them. Don't feel like posting in or reading through 27 pages (currently) of knee-jerk hysteria, PED one liners and high-fiveing amongst Floyd fans.

Yeah maybe Squeelpiggy can get a word in on the actual sport of Boxing for the first time ever.

Anyway, just a shocking event. for fighters of this magnitude, things like this shouldn't happen. sure would have been cool for jmm to win for once but not like that.

Comment

that was incredible stuff.

I ran around a bit celebrating then had to stop to make sure Pacquiao wasn't in fact, dead.

I have to admit I was worried when Pacquiao came out fast and landed a couple good straight lefts but the first 2 rounds of Pacquiao clearly winning was soon eradicated by that long right hook.

then once again I got nervous when manny had JMM along the ropes but he was still making Manny miss with his biggest shots thankfully but I still was thinking that it might be bad for Juan.

Then the KO speaks for itself, unreal.

Comment

Anyway, isn't it ironic that this was Manny's best performance strategically so far only to get knocked out.

When he was staying on the outside, he was picking JMM apart. It seemed like Marquez wasn't doing a damn thing unless Pacquiao jumped in and stayed in for too long. His counter flurries weren't effective when Pac was keeping his hands up and throwing straight shots from the outside. It seemed like Pacquiao was capable of actually OUTBOXING him and BAM!!! (Jim Lampley) he gets knocked out cold. And it's because he jumped in recklessly.

Stupid Manny, stupid. I guess he just isn't capable of sticking to the game plan, if that was their game plan. I got a feeling that it was. Maybe they took something out of the Floyd-JMM fight and tried to emulate it. Certainly doing less (in terms of punch output/workrate) was more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Yeah maybe Squeelpiggy can get a word in on the actual sport of Boxing for the first time ever.

Anyway, just a shocking event. for fighters of this magnitude, things like this shouldn't happen. sure would have been cool for jmm to win for once but not like that.
          that's just being childish pal.

Comment

I would have never predicted a KO win.

What a ****ing punch. Shocked.

Comment

I was in a PACKED bar wit mostly mexicans and a few filipinos

It EXPLODED the moment he was KO'd that i thought the place was gonna collapse

One of the most shocking things i've ever seen in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                I would have never predicted a KO win.

What a ****ing punch. Shocked.
                I couldn't believe what the phkkk just happened

Comment

That was the best Pac-JMM fight since the first one

WTF happened to Pacs chin tho. Seems to me like hes a guy that just doesnt have the fight in him but can get into good enough shape to still be great

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    I was in a PACKED bar wit mostly mexicans and a few filipinos

It EXPLODED the moment he was KO'd that i thought the place was gonna collapse

One of the most shocking things i've ever seen in boxing
                    Last time I felt this way was RJJ getting caught by Tarver.

Comment

Working...
                    X