No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs Floyd Patterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Marciano vs Floyd Patterson

I don't know much about Patterson but from what I hear he was greatly skilled, used the same defense as Tyson, and had hand speed under Ali's. He however had the weakest chin of all heavyweights and anyone that comes in the ring with Rocky is going to get dropped on their face. Patterson however had alot of heart and would probably get up several times to continue the the fight. I see Patterson stinging Rocky in the first several rounds losing on the score cards until Rocky starts to heat up and unleashes bombs after bombs until the Ref calls the fight. Rocky TKO by 9. Please give me your insights.

patterson boxes beautifully in the first few rounds, he fights a perfect fight until he eventually slows down and is caught mid-late and sent down for the count in a very appealing fight

Comment

i did this thread and everybody said Marciano would beat the **** out of Patterson

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61015
      ________
      Avandia settlement
      Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

i believe this would be marciano's toughest fight yet, cause marciano has never fought anybody as good as patterson. but marciano would pull it off, cause patterson's chin is too weak. marciano ko patterson in eight.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
          i believe this would be marciano's toughest fight yet, cause marciano has never fought anybody as good as patterson. but marciano would pull it off, cause patterson's chin is too weak. marciano ko patterson in eight.
          i thought you said this would be an easy fight for Marciano
          w/e

i don't think Patterson was good enough to go the full distance to get the decision
          Marciano in 6-7 rounds KO
          ________
          SexyBadBoy cam
          Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Ezzard Charles was better than Patterson.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
              i did this thread and everybody said Marciano would beat the **** out of Patterson

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61015
              marciano would win, but it would be alot tougher than people think

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
                Ezzard Charles was better than Patterson.
                yeah, sure he was. charles was a lhw.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                  yeah, sure he was. charles was a lhw.
                  Charles was a former Light Heavyweight who, over the span of the last five years before facing Marciano, had grown into a solid 190 lbs Heavyweight...much like Patterson, who also spent a good portion of his early career as a Light Heavyweight, and was fighting at that weight shortly before winning the title against Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi
                    Charles was a former Light Heavyweight who, over the span of the last five years before facing Marciano, had grown into a solid 190 lbs Heavyweight...much like Patterson, who also spent a good portion of his early career as a Light Heavyweight, and was fighting at that weight shortly before winning the title against Moore.
                    patterson was 180+lbs. by the time he was 21. charles was a lhw for alot of years. big difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X