Fight Night Champion Demo - out soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night Champion Demo - out soon

Fight Night Champion demo is available to download on the Feb 1st :wank:
    Last edited by Mersey; 01-24-2011, 02:01 PM.

feb 1???? OMG im totally gonna download it!!!

When does real game come out? March 1?

Comment

The Demo is going to have online play. The 4 fighters in the demo will be Tyson, Ali, Pacquiao and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
        Fight Night Champion demo is available to download on the Feb 1st :wank:

Carlito's WAY!!!!!

Yea can't wait!

Comment

:wank: :wank: :wank:

Know what I'll be doing for all of February.

Comment

It's already out in the UK for people with the pre-order code. The rest of us have to wait until Feb 1st

Comment

Still waiting for my pre-order code.

Comment

Read this about the demo. Hope they turn down the one punch KO's a little bit for the regular game online. The fact you can get a rare one punch KO to the body is pretty cool though.

Fight Night Champion: A Puncher's Chance
                One swing is all it takes to bring down a legend.
                January 27, 2011

EA made a number of changes for the latest edition of Fight Night, but none has greater impact than the addition of one-punch knockouts. In Fight Night Champion, every fighter and every gamer has a puncher's chance in the ring -- even when outmatched, even when beaten down, even when they're on the verge of unanimously losing a decision. The right punch, the right angle, a bit of luck, and you can drop your opponent in an instant.

Getting rocked in Fight Night is nothing new. Heck, I've had plenty of times where, overconfident and a bit too cavalier, I've left my fighter open, taken a hard shot and gone down on the canvass on one punch. I've even struggled to get up before the ref counted to ten. But that's not a "one-punch knockout." See, in Fight Night Champion, you can take one hit and wake up a minute later with smelling salts up your nose. No ref count, no hope to stagger to your feet. One hit; one unconscious fighter.

In the new demo, coming out February 1 on Xbox 360 and PS3, I was playing as Manny Pacquiao and really thrumming Miguel Cotto. The poor guy's cheek was cut, blood streaking down his chin, left eye swollen shut. I'd won all three rounds in the demo without question. The decision would go to Pacquiao.

Hearing the warning bell, which signaled only 10 seconds left in the round, I should have tightened up, held down the block button, backed away and awaited victory. But I wanted to make Cotto bleed a little more. I came in swinging and as my left cross missed, Cotto unleashed one last powerful punch that managed to strike me square on the temple. Pacquiao hit the mat like he'd just discovered gravity. There was no 10-count. He was out in a flash. KO'd. Fight over with two seconds left.

Watch Our Video Preview

That's how quickly a match can turn around in Fight Night Champion. When you have someone who can hurl bricks and they catch you undefended and at the perfect angle, it can knock you out in a flash. Play dangerously and danger will find you. That's because behind the scenes, Fight Night Champion knows which boxers have that kind of stopping power, which of their punches can deliver the blow, and quickly calculates the probability of a one-shot KO.

Knowing your opponent is key to how you fight. After all, if you know Mike Tyson can end the fight with one good punch, you're going to have to play a bit more defensively and not allow him to get inside --especially if your fighter has a weaker chin or has worn himself out during the fight. And if you're beat and have a fighter with stopping power, then it's time to be aggressive and go for that killer one-shot knockout blow.

Some punches to the body can temporarily stun your opponent or cause flash knockdowns. I've never seen one, but EA says the right situation and the right punch to the gut on a boxer with a low Heart rating can lead to an instant KO. This is how I beat King Hippo in Punch-Out, makes sense I can now do the same in Fight Night Champion.

One-punch knockouts are exciting and, if they don't come often, true to the sport. I've seen or experienced three in an hour with the demo, though, which is a bit worrisome. It's hard to say if one-punch knockouts will be too much of a good thing or if they're balanced in the full game. It's something that has to be in a boxing game, but also has to be perfectly balanced so you don't see them too often.

As evidenced by poor, unconscious Manny Pacquiao, one-punch knockouts are both a thing of beauty and a champion's ruination.

Comment

One punch KO's either make or break the game.

Comment

just playing the demo one word SICK!!!!!
                    add me WYZE 187 on xbox 360

Comment

Working...
                    X