No announcement yet.

Robin Reid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Reid

Is he a gypsy?? Anyway,lol, he was a good fighter. Very tough and strong. Gave Calzaghe a close fight, probably his closest together with the Hopkins one. If not even closer than that. Def the second best British SMW after Calzaghe.

He got ko'd by lacy

Comment

Originally posted by GreatRubdini View Post
      He got ko'd by lacy
      Yes, but a prime Lacy. I guess he just didn't know how to take away his "weapon".

Comment

Code:
        He got ko'd by lacy
        Yeah but he was well past his prime, was 34 years old and still put up a good fight. I woulden't say he was completly shot, he beat decent boxers in Brian Magee and Jesse Brinkley, but Lacy had to much power. If he was prime I could see him beating a (pre Calzaghe) Lacy, who was very good then as he had power. He also fought such a good fight against Carl Froch, in his prime he may have being too much for Froch (though to be fair he was miles more experienced than Carl at a pro level). He also deserved the decision against the very good Sven Ottke and got a point took away for hitting Ottke too hard. He is best remembered for giving such a great fight against Calzaghe, although Joe did have a bad hand.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatRubdini View Post
          He got ko'd by lacy
          Yeah so did Carl Froch. Reid was past it by then anyway

Comment

Reid was a good fighter, very tough.

There is a weird picture of him nude floating around the interweb lol

Comment

Comment

Robin Reid was robbed against Calzaghe, and its difficult to explain what happened when he fought Otke "robbed" is to nice of a word to use

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
                  Def the second best British SMW after Calzaghe.

Are you serious?

Comment

I actually watched Calzaghe vs Reid yesterday. Reid did very well and nailed Joe with lots of good shots but there is no way he should have got the decision over Calzaghe. And there is no way Reid deserves to be thought of as a better fighter than Eubank, Benn, Calzaghe or even Froch for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X