No announcement yet.

Can David Price recover?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can David Price recover?

IMO, he's too old to make drastic changes to his style.

His chin/defence is god awful. Much worse than young Wladimir. He just can't take a punch.

What do you think? He definitely needs to dump that trainer of his, Franny Smith, and promoter, Frank Maloney. I'd like to see him join up with Eddie Hearn's match room.
    Last edited by yoz; 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM.

No he is done. He will bomb out a few more bums but as soon a she steps it up or is hit he will be stopped.

He ought to stay the hell away from southpaws too.

Comment

No, same thing will happen.

He will be matched against a load of Audley Harrisons types and the hype train will start rolling again. But he will be knocked out again.

Comment

I'll say this much, he'll never dominate the HW division with that chin.

Comment

He can still KO guys if he lands. He's never elite though, never will be.

As has been said before though; he's slow, plodding and wide open...to think people were saying he should fight Haye, he'd have been killed.

Comment

He should have been more active during the past three years.

Price wasn't getting enough rounds in, he was stopping nearly everybody in the early rounds.

When Tyson and Wlad were doing that, they were fighting very often. Tyson fought 17 times in a year and Wlad fought 14 times in 1997.

He CAN recover, but he should rebuild with a better promoter like Warren. Price has had two bad promoters, David Haye and Frank Maloney.

Comment

Lennox or Wlad didn't have a great chins and they are among bests ever, but I am afraid Price's chin is just levels below. You can hardly get away with that...

I hope he can return but I doubt..

Comment

Tough one. He is getting on a bit age wise so I cannot see him making the changes needed in his defence to help cover his chin and improve his chances of winning. Price is awesome to watch and I was taken in bythe hype, but that shot he got ko'd by tonight was a joke!! Literally looked like an arm punch to hte side of the head. TT is a old man, out of shape, not a big puncher and other than lasting a few rounds with wladdy has done f-all in his career.

Comment

He can still be a very good heavy if he has the dedication and ability to change his style. As others have said though he is very old to be changing his style, and im not sure he'll manage it.

Developing a defense at 30 odd years old is not an easy task...

Comment

LMAO @ these people saying "NOT A CHANCE!" "SAME THING WILL HAPPEN AGAIN." "HYPE JOB IS DONE."

Wlad got steamrolled two times yet came back. Please remember that before you click the reply button.

Comment

Working...
                    X