David Haye: "Vitali's a Nobody..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    OK so this is how I am reading this. Vitali has "fought nobodies"

So what does haye bring to the table that actually bucks the trend of Vitali's "nobodies" when you remove his mouth out of the equation? Simply put nothing. Haye should have put in a few good wins after Wladamir basically shut him out to actually make himself a "somebody".

However, I do think Vitali should call his bluff and say OK I will fight you, but only give him a flat rate purse or maybe get 20%. We will see what Haye's motivation is then. We will see if he bites.
    Why would Haye settle for 20% when he will easily be bringing in half the revenue? The fight should be made because its the most interesting one to be made at heavy considering both are contenders and have recently beat a common opponent. Make it a 60/40 split in Vits favor with the PPV being split evenly only because Vittles has a paper title many seem to think has value even though he isn't the champion. Its fair, the fight gets made and the public gets what it wants.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Talks a lot of shit for a guy who fought so timid in the biggest fight of his life. I wouldn't mind this fight, but beating Chisora shouldn't automatically mean Vitali or no one for the rest of his career.
      i agree it shouldnt, but it still doesnt change the fact this is the fight boxing fans and the general public have been clamoring for. Im no fan of Haye, but the guy generates interest for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Thanks. Let me know when you find that quote
        Lol, what a beatdown!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Why would Haye settle for 20% when he will easily be bringing in half the revenue? The fight should be made because its the most interesting one to be made at heavy considering both are contenders and have recently beat a common opponent. Make it a 60/40 split in Vits favor with the PPV being split evenly only because Vittles has a paper title many seem to think has value even though he isn't the champion. Its fair, the fight gets made and the public gets what it wants.
          Yes it is an interesting fight. The question though is does Haye deserve it? There are guys in the division putting in time and effort and actually taking risks by fighting. Haye sits back and believes he deserves a free ride. Popular or not, it does not cut it.

So if he wants to leapfrog everyone else by mouthing off to the press, well he should be forced to make a concession IMO. We will see how badly he himself wants to win a championship, or just want another big payday.

Comment

David Haye is a joke...
            Got whooped by Wladimir spoke a good fight when it came to fighting Wladimir then went into a defensive shell!
            I think there is names in that top ten heavyweight list that could beat David Haye aswell, lets be honest Haye's only fights in that division were against just total non-game opponents in Valuev, Ruiz and Mormeck get real!
            Haye should try calling out Jack Johnson from his grave.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Yes it is an interesting fight. The question though is does Haye deserve it? There are guys in the division putting in time and effort and actually taking risks by fighting. Haye sits back and believes he deserves a free ride. Popular or not, it does not cut it.

So if he wants to leapfrog everyone else by mouthing off to the press, well he should be forced to make a concession IMO. We will see how badly he himself wants to win a championship, or just want another big payday.
              That's a fair point but I would argue Vitaly is just another contender. And while Haye is very inactive I don't really see the other contenders making to many tough fights against one another. This would be Haye versus another top fighter, that's all. Certainly better than seeing the Charrs and Mormecks get big fights, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                David Haye is a joke...
                Got whooped by Wladimir spoke a good fight when it came to fighting Wladimir then went into a defensive shell!
                I think there is names in that top ten heavyweight list that could beat David Haye aswell, lets be honest Haye's only fights in that division were against just total non-game opponents in Valuev, Ruiz and Mormeck get real!
                Haye should try calling out Jack Johnson from his grave.
                Why the fuk do you talk like Haye was the only one to blame for that Wlad failure?

That fight got them BOTH banned from HBO.

Wlad's 2nd banning.. Was it Sultan's fault too?

Explain the Sultan vs Wlad fight? Do it please?

Wlad fought the exact same way against Sultan.. yet nobody talk about that?

Comment

Wlad was to fully blame for the poor fight we saw, a tall guy who was scared to engage with a smaller man. Haye landed more power shots, 42 more than Wlads last opponent. Haye was the aggressor, Wlad was running away or illegally leaning for which he should have been deducted a point for every round.

Haye tried his best to get Wlad to fight, but the lanky twatt didnt want to fight as he cudnt cope with the speed and used every cowardly trick in the book to avoid having a fight.

To compare Wlad to any ATG is a huge joke, he doesnt like to fight, the guy has zero inside game, when he is caught he turns into a robot with both hands infront while running away backwards.

Comment

Working...
                  X