Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto will spar with Gennady Golovkin!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch yourself GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Watch yourself GGG.
      The badest man on the planet doesn't need any watching

Comment

Not sure what to think of this move. Wouldn't this add some more wear and tear to Cotto's body going into the fight? I think at this stage of his career he has had plenty of that.

Comment

Cotto is not a full fledged jr middleweight, this could be really damaging. Canelo got stunned by GGG in sparring and Angulo was forced to backpedal. Cotto's trainer better be really careful with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Cotto is not a full fledged jr middleweight, this could be really damaging. Canelo got stunned by GGG in sparring and Angulo was forced to backpedal. Cotto's trainer better be really careful with this.
            Canelo got hurt by Cotto's brother so that is no big deal.

Comment

If the fight is move due to injury, we know what happened.

Comment

Lol @ the sparring session experts.

I hope one day Pedro Diaz gets the recognition he deserves.He picked up a lost confused (trainer wise) Cotto.Picked up the shattered pieces and made a more confident fighter who's willing to climb to the top.I'll bet he'll only spar 5 rounds, there's allot of more sparring partners lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                  Lol @ the sparring session experts.

I hope one day Pedro Diaz gets the recognition he deserves.He picked up a lost confused (trainer wise) Cotto.Picked up the shattered pieces and made a more confident fighter who's willing to climb to the top.I'll bet he'll only spar 5 rounds, there's allot of more sparring partners lined up.
                  right on. pedro diaz is a terrific trainer.

additionally, these guys are professionals

they spar as a part of their living. that's what prepares them for fights. they can handle themselves, and they don't try and kill each other.

golovkin will be in with one of the best boxers he's ever shared a ring with. cotto will be in with one of the biggest punchers he's been in there with. cotto is an eventual hall of famer. golovkin is 30 and has been fighting since he was a kid.

there's a ton that they can get from sparring each other. they don't try and win rounds when they're sparring at that stage. they work on stuff.

great move. golovkin won't kill cotto in the least. they'll spar, trade a few shots, and take a picture when it's done with.

Comment

It makes sense for Golovkin to spar with a true pro like Cotto but considering Trout is a tap and evade guy complete opposite of the Kazak must be just for a change of pace from his main partners guess they want Cotto to really focus on his boxing figure it's easier to do when you're put in a shark tank not a fish bowl

Comment

GGG gonna retire Cotto from a Sparring match....someone give me 1000:1 odds on this bet....

Comment

Working...
                      X