Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 360 RPGs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might pick up Catherine if I can find it cheap actually. Looks interesting and a bit mad. I have to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and I might then go back to Deadly Premonition which is properly weird and badly made but an intriguing story and characters.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Might pick up Catherine if I can find it cheap actually. Looks interesting and a bit mad. I have to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and I might then go back to Deadly Premonition which is properly weird and badly made but an intriguing story and characters.
      I heard deadly prem was meant to come out on the PS2 but for some reason never did. Its a shame becuase it would have been a certified classic on the PS2. To be fair thought the story is as good as any recent release IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I got a new 360 the other day, after over 2 years of being without one, and I'm looking to get back into the whole gaming scene. I've already ordered a few games, mostly RPGS, as they offer the most replay value and are my favorite genre. I ordered Oblivion, Skyrim, Dark Souls, and Lost Odyssey (which I've already beat 4 times when I had my old 360) thus far. Anyway, I'm looking for more RPGs or JRPGS.

I've heard Star Ocean is awesome, but I don't really like the annoying characters too much, but if the gameplay is solid, I might bite. The Last remnant seems to get **** on for some reason, but I think it looks pretty badass. Magna Carta 2 is another I was eyeballing.

Anyway, toss out some suggestions for your favorite RPGs and JRPGs.
        Fallout 3 is bad ass.

You could pick up the Final Fantasies but the first one was linear.

Haven't played it but I heard Tales of Vesperia was pretty good.

There is Dragon Age 1 with the expansion though I prefer to play that on the PC due to the camera.

There is Mass Effect games.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          OOOOOOH BORDERLANDS BORDER LANDS BORDERLANDS!

First person shooter RPG with drop-in-drop-out co-op and a Diablo style loot system.

Borderlands motherfucker.
          I'm going to have to pick this one up on the cheap. I don't know many people who have played it, but all who have say it's ****ing amazing.

Comment

Currently I'm going back through Oblivion, I enjoyed the hell out of that one when I got about halfway through the main quest the first time, then my 360 **** the bed, and I never got to finish it. I wanted to play it before Skyrim because I'm pretty sure playing Skyrim first would make me not want to play Oblivion. Skyrim seems to be the "transition game" of the series from what I've seen, made to appeal not only to long time Elder Scrolls fans such as myself, but also gamers who'd never played one before.

Morrowind still stands as my favorite in the series thus far. Goddamn I loved that game.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              I'm going to have to pick this one up on the cheap. I don't know many people who have played it, but all who have say it's ****ing amazing.
              You could probably pick up the Game of the Year edition for under $20, it's pretty cheap. One bit of advice: When the mission describes the difficulty as "hard" it ain't kidding. Those missions will be close to impossible because your character level matters. Level up and you should be alright. But if you're level 6 and fighting a level 7 guy you'll really notice the difference. And also get killed.

Comment

I know you're playing it on console, but for all the Morrowind fans in this thread, this is the only game I play now a days when I get a chance.

Morrowind MGE XE

Comment

Bricks is the King of Morrowind and Oblivion.

Big ass Geek. XD

Comment

The only thing is...pretty much all of these games are 10x better on a nice pc. Additionally some of the mods available for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games make the vanilla versions seem very boring and almost unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                      I know you're playing it on console, but for all the Morrowind fans in this thread, this is the only game I play now a days when I get a chance.

Morrowind MGE XE

Very nice! Going to install the game and download that graphics mod.

Comment

Working...
                      X