Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach and Nacho strategy evident on 24/7???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach and Nacho strategy evident on 24/7???

This is what I noticed...

You can see when Pac is doing the mitts that he's working on countering JMM's right hand by sidestepping to his left and coming over the top with the left hand. Just like Max Kellerman had forced Roach to reveal in the Pac/JMM faceoff.

Also pac is working neutralizing JMM's jab by sidestepping to the right and hooking to jmm's body with left and right hooks. Roach knows JMM has great recuperative powers, and that's because of JMM's great conditioning, so they are targeting JMM's body in order to try and stop him.

I don't expect Pac to be standing in front of JMM too long.

JMM's strategy is less evident in the show. But you can see JMM sharpening his right hand, and throwing left and right uppercuts on the inside. You don't really see JMM throwing the jab much at all. JMM also sitting down on his punches and is looking very aggressive. I think JMM is gonna try and force the fight and try and make Pac go backwards.

Maybe Nacho doesn't think much of Pac's counterpunching ability. He probably feels that Pac's is at his best when he's coming forward, which is somewhat true since Pac is a offensive fighter, not a defensive fighter. And they are hoping that JMM's natural counterpunching ability will be enough to counter pac's offense. But Nacho has to be careful cause Pac feasts on guys who have that come forward style, but I think they feel JMM's defense will help blunt that somewhat. That said, when JMM has been aggressive, he's been hurt... even by the likes of Juan Diaz who is pillow-fisted.

That's why I think this 24/7 was so good, cause you get to analyze the fighters because they allow you to see the sparring and the mitt work, instead of just being a sideshow of absurdity and narcissism.

evident to a loser like you, that believes whatever camps let on for the 24/7 cameras

Comment

Originally posted by LatinKing416 View Post
      evident to a loser like you, that believes whatever camps let on for the 24/7 cameras
      lols... eat a dick you piece of shit

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
        This is what I noticed...

You can see when Pac is doing the mitts that he's working on countering JMM's right hand by sidestepping to his left and coming over the top with the left hand. Just like Max Kellerman had forced Roach to reveal in the Pac/JMM faceoff.

Also pac is working neutralizing JMM's jab by sidestepping to the right and hooking to jmm's body with left and right hooks. Roach knows JMM has great recuperative powers, and that's because of JMM's great conditioning, so they are targeting JMM's body in order to try and stop him.

I don't expect Pac to be standing in front of JMM too long.

JMM's strategy is less evident in the show. But you can see JMM sharpening his right hand, and throwing left and right uppercuts on the inside. You don't really see JMM throwing the jab much at all. JMM also sitting down on his punches and is looking very aggressive. I think JMM is gonna try and force the fight and try and make Pac go backwards.

Maybe Nacho doesn't think much of Pac's counterpunching ability. He probably feels that Pac's is at his best when he's coming forward, which is somewhat true since Pac is a offensive fighter, not a defensive fighter. And they are hoping that JMM's natural counterpunching ability will be enough to counter pac's offense. But Nacho has to be careful cause Pac feasts on guys who have that come forward style, but I think they feel JMM's defense will help blunt that somewhat. That said, when JMM has been aggressive, he's been hurt... even by the likes of Juan Diaz who is pillow-fisted.

That's why I think this 24/7 was so good, cause you get to analyze the fighters because they allow you to see the sparring and the mitt work, instead of just being a sideshow of absurdity and narcissism.
        WOW i missed all of that. I thought Marquez was just gonna punch him in the face over and over. Very keen eye, but you can't always go off of 24/7. Is it REAL or an act? Is that his true strat OR is he leading his opponent on? OR are they just pretending to lead you on, or even worse thinking about faking about pretending to lead you on to their strat... That is when you know you are a boxing legend....Like Kelly Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          WOW i missed all of that. I thought Marquez was just gonna punch him in the face over and over. Very keen eye, but you can't always go off of 24/7. Is it REAL or an act? Is that his true strat OR is he leading his opponent on? OR are they just pretending to lead you on, or even worse thinking about faking about pretending to lead you on to their strat... That is when you know you are a boxing legend....Like Kelly Robinson
          I think deception would be smart, but a total waste of time. while you're wasting valuable training time to deceive the other team, the other team is training hard to beat you. I don't think that's a great way of going about things.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
            I think deception would be smart, but a total waste of time. while you're wasting valuable training time to deceive the other team, the other team is training hard to beat you. I don't think that's a great way of going about things.
            You're right that is all true, It would take alot of time to "act" like your fighting a certain way. Also I am willing to bet that fighters don't even watch the 24/7, aside from Floyd. Their is only about 5 minutes of actual boxing/sparring

Comment

I dont buy into what they are showing you on 24/7 thats a smoke screen, what I can say is I do believe Marquez will come for the knock out, the score cards in his mind failed him twice no reason to think they will do him any favors this time around.

Manny is going to have to find a way to avoid that right hand counter and that left hookercut that Marquez throws Marquez better hope he has one more left in him as he has shown since the Mayweather fight that he has only gotten older.

I think Manny stops Marquez in about 7 rounds, but a war up until the stoppage style wise these two will always make for a great fight. However there is a possibility that Manny just pitches a shut out and stops him more so than Marquez pulling off the miracle.

Comment

They train for months.

24/7 shows us a few seconds.

Strategy my arse!

JMM gonna counter, Pac gonna war. End.

Comment

Using 24/7 as a guide to how a fighter is going to fight is not always right. 24/7 revel nothing of Ortiz using his head to lean into Floyd. Other than the headbutt, Ortiz did a great job of disrupting Floyd elbow tactic by forcing his head into Floyd face and chin.

Comment

Roach strategy: go in there and throw a lot of combinations

Nacho strategy: too complicated for us....

Comment

Working...
                    X