Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Hearns and Pacquiao both have been Disqualified?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Hearns and Pacquiao both have been Disqualified?

I know its very rare for a DQ on a title fight but should have Hearns been disqualified against Kinchen and Pacquiao against Hussein? In RD 4 for those two fights both Hearns and Pacquiao were both KD and immediately held on for dear life.

Hearns was on queer street and kept holding despite the referee Mills lane trying to seperate him. He refused to let go and was eventually deducted one point. But it was very intentional and he did it several times in RD4. I thought a bigger case could have been made for his DQ than Jones Jr in that infamous Montell Griffith fight. People think Hearns was robbed in the second SRL fight with the draw but few talk about the Kinchen fight. I scored the second SRL fight 113-112 for SRL. I thought SRL had atleast one 10-8 RD in RD 5 and maybe even RD12 could have been 10-8. But that fight is another story.

Pacquaio faced Nedal Hussein an austrailian fighter of arab descent trained by Jeff Fenech. In RD 4, Hussein dropped pac with a stiff jab that got pac for suprise. The fight took place in the philippines and was officiated
    by Carlos Padilla a pinoy ref. After the KD, padila had a slow count and than Hussein immediately went for the kill but Pac gave him a bear hug and wouldnt let go. Hussein getting tired of Pac not breaking than elbowed him and Padilla than finally got him off and took a point away, LOL. Should pac have been DQ?

It seems only where there is a challenger who is cleary losing ala Tyson vs Fergusen will a ref give a DQ for excessive holding.
    Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 01-16-2010, 09:48 AM.

That's right everybody,according to Mr.Genius here,Hearns should have been DQ'd for acting on pure instinct after being badly hurt.It doesn't matter that he didn't do so again throughout the fight,the fact that he did it once at such a desperate time means that we should all hold it against him.

Nobody talks about Hearns-Kinchen because James "the heat" Kinchen showed a lack of fire that cost him the fight.Despite the fact that Hearns never recovered from the fourth round,Kinchen's aggression was tame to say the least.Hearns was still the busier more consistent fighter throughout each round and while it was very close due to the knockdown and point deduction,it sure as hell was no robbery.

This is an all around poor thread from an all around poor poster.

Comment

Sure enough the only respond comes from MRS TROLL Donna Kim. If you noticed MRS KIM i asked the question. But the announcers themselves raised the issue of DQ. It was blatant and against the rules. Hearns was done, he had no prayer if Mills lane seperates quickly. He did hold on many times through RD4. Roy Jones jr was DQ for hitting one blow when a guy was down, yet many refs never would have done the same. Hearns didn't do it once. He held on for a long duration while the ref was trying to seperate and tried to break them.

I also notice you made no comment on the pac fight- that was also part of the thread. You saw the 14 second count by Padilla? The fact that it was in the phils and Padilla is pinoy had nothing to do with his actions.

You rate me as a poor poster? But a poll up on the NSB Hagler Steel Chin vs DOnna Kim? WHo wins?

Comment

No way thats the only time clinching should be allowed when a fighter is clearly hurt when it should be penalised is when a fighter is continuesly tieing up throughout the fight to stop a fighters momentuem even though he isnt hurt eg mosley margarito berto collazo and froch dirrell

Comment

what are you on about? you have the right to hold on to dear life if your too hurt to fight back, it wouldn't be right if the opponent won on that lucky punch niether, because both pac and hearns ae clearly the better fighters

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            what are you on about? you have the right to hold on to dear life if your too hurt to fight back, it wouldn't be right if the opponent won on that lucky punch niether, because both pac and hearns ae clearly the better fighters
            There is a difference between clinching and excessive holding or not breaking when a ref states to break. Fighters must obey the commands of the refs. If he says break than you break and if you ignore him he is given the discretion to take points or DQ.

Mills lane was a good ref who simply didnt have the physicality ala a Richard Steele or Jay Nady who could have forced the seperation.

I raised the Question and didn't say both should be DQ. But have seen fighters get DQ for less.

BTW, at the time of Pac vs Hussein it wasen't clear who the better fighter was? Hussein was undefeated and Pac had two losses. The only clear thing was that Hussein was fighting in front of an opponent's home fans and a ref who shared his opponents ethnicity and language.

I personally don't think Pac should have been DQ but he should have had a point taken away instead of having Hussein having a point taken away since he needed to use elbow to seperate pac sine Padilla couldn't do his job.

Comment

I don't agree with disqualifying someone for excessive holding. The maximum penalty should be deducting a point.

Comment

It's always been the done thing for any trainer to educate his fighter to do..
                Had it not been for holding, a lot of ATG's probably would'nt have been so great..
                Boxing can be a desperate business when there's 10 million bucks riding on your next fight and you get twatted in the warm up..

Comment

Clinching a bit is one thing, but if the ref attempts to break them and they dont respond after repeated instructions, the ref has the right to stop the fight as a TKO, as in the Tyson - Ferguson fight.
                  A fighter who isnt responding or throwing punches can be rightfully seen as TKO'd.

I believe a hurt fighter does deserve a couple of chances, but if they grab and hold, not responding to the ref to break, they should have points taken away, as its unfair to the other fighter.

Immediate DQ is also unfair. The ref should give the hurt fighter a few chances to recover and continue fighting.
                  Early stoppages suck.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                    You rate me as a poor poster? But a poll up on the NSB Hagler Steel Chin vs DOnna Kim? WHo wins?

"But a poll up"? This is far too much of a recurring theme to simply be a mistype.

Stop being such a moron and take your head out of your rectum.

Nobody cares about credibility on the internet but sad losers such as yourself.Nobody even knows who you are.

This is a stupid thread from a stupid poster who want's the acceptance of the internet bully boy posters.

Comment

Working...
                    X