No announcement yet.

Junie Browning Vs. Cole Miller

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junie Browning Vs. Cole Miller

Looks like my boy Junie is going for a hard fight. Who do you think wins?

****e TV will open the two-hour televised fight card at 9:00 p.m.(April 1st.) with a lightweight battle between two memorable contestants from The Ultimate Fighter. Browning (fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) is a Kentucky-native who reached the semifinals in the lightweight division for The Ultimate Fighter Season 8. He scored an impressive victory via submission over Dave Kaplan on the show’s live finale undercard in December 2008. His opponent, Cole Miller (fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla.), made a name for himself by catching Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Jorge Gurgel in a triangle choke for a submission victory at UFC 86 last July. The Augusta, Georgia native and veteran of The Ultimate Fighter Season 5 has won three of his last four fights.
    Junie Browning
    40.00%
    Cole Miller
    60.00%

Cole Miller via TKO.

Comment

Junie is a punk but i was very impressed with his performance at the tuf finale (specially that headstand-pass), junie by sub rd 2

Comment

after watching junie on tuf, i cant stand him and his antics. i hope miller smashes junie. miller by tko r 1.

Comment

Cole Miller: I want to smash Junie Browning at UFN 18

Cole Miller (14-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) had no ill will toward his opponent when he accepted a UFC Fight Night 18 bout with Junie Browning (3-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC).

But as the April 1 fight draws near, things are quickly changing.

"I just really want to whoop his ass," Miller today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I really, really would like to just go in there and smash him."

Miller hasn't seen action since his UFC 86 "Submission of the Night" performance against Jorge Gurgel in July 2008. Knee surgery due to a torn meniscus suffered in the bout with Gurgel has kept him out until now.

"I had to wait two months to find out if it was going to heal itself," Miller said. "The recovery was about three months, then it took me about two or three months for a training camp. Here we are eight months later."

Miller took the fight with Browning when it was offered because he felt like it was a safe bout in his first action after the surgery.

"[The UFC] asked me if I'd be interested in Junie," Miller said. "I said, 'Yeah, sure. Why not? Sounds like a good fight to come back to off of a knee surgery.'"

Miller didn't voice his opinion publicly, but the 24-year-old also felt Browning wouldn't prove too stern of a test because if his overall skill set.

"As far as skill level, for sure [Browning] is a step down from some of the people I've been fighting," Miller said. "But he's young, hungry, and he got a lot of exposure from the show.

"A lot of people were talking about him because he's controversial. I think it was a good fight for me to take, but he's definitely a step down for sure, as far as a quality opponent."

Miller said he had heard of the buzz surrounding the controversial Browning, but never bothered to tune in to "The Ultimate Fighter 8" to check it out for himself.

But when Browning opened up recently to Fiveouncesofpain.com regarding his lack of regard for Miller's talent, the American Top Team fighter took offense to the claims.

"I personally don't care about his reputation," Miller said. "I just care about the [expletive] he said about me.

"I don't know if he's just trying to light a spark and get me pissed off, or just bring more attention to the fight because I've been keeping my mouth shut up until now. But now I definitely want to whip his ass."

Miller admitted he took Browning's swipe to heart.

"Even if his goal is to hype the fight, of course I take it personal," Miller said. "The things that he said about me as a fighter I take very personal.

"I've spent a lot of time training to be a good fighter. I hadn't said anything about him as far as his skills, so I don't know why he would have taken a jab at mine."

The two fighters, once linked only by the fact they had each appeared on different versions of "The Ultimate Fighter," now find themselves mired in a growing rivalry - one that will be quickly addressed at the UFC's first trip to Tennessee.

"I do not want this to be a competitive fight," Miller said. "I do not want this to be a 'Fight of the Night.' I want to go in there and just smash him and show him that he didn't belong in there with me in the first place."

"UFC Fight Night 18: Condit vs. Kampmann" takes place on April 1 at the Sommet Center in Nashville, Tenn. The main card airs live on ****e TV.
          Let's hope he does.

Comment

kick his ass Cole!!!!!

browning isn't as good as joe lauzon, miller will punish his ass on the ground. cole by sub. junie will tap like a *****

Comment

Comment

25k on Browning if anyone wants it....

Comment

Third option: Who CARES?

E

Comment

Cole by submission, browning seems to lack dicipline which makes me believe that he will have a hard time with cole.

Comment

Working...
                    X