Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez willing to move down 10lbs to fight Floyd, but not move up 8 to fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
    Maybe because martinez is already a small middleweight.

Ward weighed 176 against Dawson. Martinez is much closer in size to Ward than Mayweather is to Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
      It's bull**** because hasn't fought at 154 in years.

Would he face trout at 154? What about Lara at 154.

Dude wants to get paid. Which isn't a problem but let's call a spade a spade.
      Why exactly is it bull$#?? He's willing to meet Floyd there. How is meeting someone, (in a real weight class) garbage. That's ******ed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
        Martinez is small at 160, and moving up to fight a great champion like Ward is no easy task. Just because some fighters can move through easy divisions, it doesn't tell that Martinez is a bad fighter? MW is stacked with talent, so let him stay there instead.
        It's stacked with talent but he isn't facing any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Why exactly is it bull$#?? He's willing to meet Floyd there. How is meeting someone, (in a real weight class) garbage. That's ******ed to me.
          Somehow why hasn't he fought at 154 since he could make it so easily for Floyd? Go a head ill wait......

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawAngle View Post

Ward weighed 176 against Dawson. Martinez is much closer in size to Ward than Mayweather is to Martinez.
            And ortiz came in at 162 against floyd at 147. You gonna tell me ortiz should me a middleweight?

Comment

Somehow why hasn't he fought at 154 since he could make it so easily for Floyd? Go a head ill wait......
              Uhh because he's the (real middleweight champion)??

Does he give up that title to return to 154 & (hope) for a Floyd shot??

Comment

There is a lot more money for Martinez to fight Mayweather then there is to fight Ward. If Martinez can make the weight why not? He needs to start fighting at 154 if he's real serious about fight in that weight class.

Comment

So coming down in weight, and fighting the champ of that division is cowardly?

So Chad Dawson looked like a beast against Ward? He was drained to pieces.

People gave Dawson all the credit in the world for moving down, and fighting Ward at his weight, but Martinez is the coward in this situation???

NSB hits new lows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Uhh because he's the (real middleweight champion)??

Does he give up that title to return to 154 & (hope) for a Floyd shot??
                    If he can't fight at 154 for then I don't want to hear he is a small MW.

Yeah have him Saturday at 160 and bum hunt like he has been doing.

Dudes **** on other fighters but give Sergio a past.

Comment

If he can't fight at 154 for then I don't want to hear he is a small MW.

Yeah have him Saturday at 160 and bum hunt like he has been doing.

Dudes **** on other fighters but give Sergio a past.
                      So who said & how do you know he can't make 154??

Comment

Working...
                      X