Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does "absolute power corrupt absolutely"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    i knew that was coming...

LKY's is just too crafty to make "corruption" look very subtle...

like how does over a million dollars every month as a salary legally obtained?
    I'm clinging by the word absolute not subtle but I heard rumors ya know hehehehe. In our country it's a kickback by the billions in front of everyone and we can all go to hell for all he cares.

Comment

When I got I first got promoted I struggled with the fact that I was younger than a lot of people I was leading. I was also way too friendly and dreaded being perceived as a prick which only allowed people to walk all over me. Now I've learned a pretty good balance between not putting up with shit and not being a prick. It works well.
      Last edited by deliveryman; 12-28-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
        power is a drug that brings out the bully in everyone
        It certainly seems to in some people.

Comment

Power is an amplifyer and adds volume to what is the real character. If there is a hiden nasty side it will bring it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
            Power is an amplifyer and adds volume to what is the real character. If there is a hidden nasty side it will bring it out.
            Good insight.

Comment

There have been interesting studies done where they put people in positions of power and assess how often they lie and cheat once they are in those positions. Cant remember exact figures but people are far more likely to cheat and lie once they have a position of authority.

Also i wonder if it is a mix between absolute power corrupting absolutely and absolute power attracting corruptible individuals?

Comment

Working...
              X