Collapse
No announcement yet.

Povetkin-Rahman, Pulev-Ustinov RBR & discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol more like triple duck, when is this starting btw?

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
      lol more like triple duck, when is this starting btw?
      The undercard starts on BoxNation at 11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern time.

The main events will be on EPIX, ARD and BoxNation starting at 1:30 Pacific/4:30 PM Eastern times.

Weigh-in yesterday:

Comment

cant wait, am i the only idiot picking Ustinov to get the upset? Im not that sold on Pulev, his competitin hasnt been that better than Ustinov's and Ustinov got the 3inch height advantage, oh and Ustinov is more powerfull

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          cant wait, am i the only idiot picking Ustinov to get the upset? Im not that sold on Pulev, his competitin hasnt been that better than Ustinov's and Ustinov got the 3inch height advantage, oh and Ustinov is more powerfull
          I think Ustinov is a live underdog.

Pulev has excellent technical boxing skills but doesn't have the power to hurt him. Tomasz Adamek and Jonathan Banks KOed Travis Walker, while Pulev hit him with many flush shots and yet it went the distance.

Ustinov is slow but he's very strong.

Comment

This whole card is going to be shown on EPIX? I didn't know they picked it up, good news

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              I think Ustinov is a live underdog.

Pulev has excellent technical boxing skills but doesn't have the power to hurt him. Tomasz Adamek and Jonathan Banks KOed Travis Walker, while Pulev hit him with many flush shots and yet it went the distance.

Ustinov is slow but he's very strong.
              You think Sasha can get rid of Rahman? Id be dissapointed if he doesnt KO a over the hill rahman in this (semi) joke fight. The only thing worse than Povetkin-Rahman would be a Povetkin-Holyfield ...... no top 10 or better yet top 5 HW should be fighting either of these guys......is Povetkin even in top 5?

Comment

You think Sasha can get rid of Rahman? Id be dissapointed if he doesnt KO a over the hill rahman in this (semi) joke fight. The only thing worse than Povetkin-Rahman would be a Povetkin-Holyfield ...... no top 10 or better yet top 5 HW should be fighting either of these guys......is Povetkin even in top 5?
                Yes, I think he'll stop Rahman around round 7 or 8.

Comment

Pulev has a better resume with half the amout of fights while Ustinov is the same height as Dimitrenko but slower in every area. He does have a granite chin and i think it will be competitive but Kubrat should be able to outjab and outbox him.
                  Last edited by Mikhnienko; 09-29-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

PolSat undercard telecast is on now.

Comment

It's over, Koelling won his debut by decision over Sosa but he didn't look impressive.

BoxNation live telecast hasn't started yet, they are showing an old Gerber fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X