Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these guys will be the next Fighter of the Decade (2010-2019)?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    You're Canadian, wouldn't have picked you for a Canadian, seemed American to me.

Yeah it's a good fight, a defining one. What do people in Canada say about Ward-Bute??? I wouldn't know, since I'm in the Southwest all the time.
    I'm in LA at school right now but I'll always be Canadian. A lot of people are picking Ward to win on both sides of the border. Of course Bute has that crazy left and jerky style. It'll be a very telling fight for both guys, and will hopefully elevate both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      I'm in LA at school right now but I'll always be Canadian. A lot of people are picking Ward to win on both sides of the border. Of course Bute has that crazy left and jerky style. It'll be a very telling fight for both guys, and will hopefully elevate both of them.
      Yeah I agree. A lot of the Mexican boxing fans in CO-NM, most likely AZ-UT-NV as well, don't seem to care about Andre Ward or any weight above 160 for that matter. But all the brothers that are boxing fans down here ride and die with Ward it seems like.

Are you an Adonis Stevenson fan???

Comment

Are you an Adonis Stevenson fan???
        Definitely. See him last night? Yikes. Hopefully he doesn't end up like a Miranda type, which I'm kind of seeing.

I really like that 140 lb'er from Canada a lot more, Pier Cote.

Comment

I just realized Ward's win over Kessler was actually in 2009 he's still the obvious pick but I'll go off the board and say Yoan Palbo Hernandez who will rule the cruiserweight division for the next 5+ years and I think he can have pretty good success at heavyweight someday

Comment

Definitely. See him last night? Yikes. Hopefully he doesn't end up like a Miranda type, which I'm kind of seeing.

I really like that 140 lb'er from Canada a lot more, Pier Cote.
            He does looks olid that Cote guy. Wasn't he on the Hopkins-Pascal card???

Adonis looks like a beast. We'll see how he handles a top fighter with some pop, it seems like Anthony Dirrell and he could fight next. I'd love for SHO to pick up that fight for July or something.

I'm still not completely sold on Adonis though, he did get knocked out by Darnell Boone......I mean jesus....

But it looks like Emmanuel Steward has done some good for him, he looks more fluid and sound in there. Of coruse we've only seen like a few rounds with Steward as his trainer, because he's f**king killed his last two opponents.

Comment

i'm picking khan because he has the best shot to beat mayweather outta anyone (due to the style match up) and whoever beats mayweather this year or next has a good chance to become the best this decade (if anyone beats him and thats a big IF).. problem with ward is that his personality is so dull that he damages his popularity.. broner and russell jr are definitely in with a shot.. in fact everyone in the poll apart from Garcia, Alvarez and Moreno have got a shot to become the best this decade..

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                I just realized Ward's win over Kessler was actually in 2009 he's still the obvious pick but I'll go off the board and say Yoan Palbo Hernandez who will rule the cruiserweight division for the next 5+ years and I think he can have pretty good success at heavyweight someday
                People are sleeping on him, saying Andre will have no one to fight at higher weights. Hernandez looks legit, and he did beat Steve Cunningham, the best CW in the world to win the linael title.

I don't see guys like Kayode, Tarver, Lebedev, Jones, beating him.

Comment

Probably Ward. He just does whatever it takes to win. He is a winner. Plain and smple.

Comment

People are sleeping on him, saying Andre will have no one to fight at higher weights. Hernandez looks legit, and he did beat Steve Cunningham, the best CW in the world to win the linael title.

I don't see guys like Kayode, Tarver, Lebedev, Jones, beating him.
                    You don't need a ton of HOF'ers on your resume to be a fighter of the decade anyways. Look at Roy Jones in the 90s.

If Ward beats up on Bute, Cloud, Dawson, Sillakh, etc. then he will be making a very strong case.

Comment

You don't need a ton of HOF'ers on your resume to be a fighter of the decade anyways. Look at Roy Jones in the 90s.

If Ward beats up on Bute, Cloud, Dawson, Sillakh, etc. then he will be making a very strong case.
                      even though Oscar kinda blew FOTD for himself with the whole Trinidad debacle. epic fail.

Comment

Working...
                      X