No announcement yet.

Rafael Marquez v. Juan Manuel Marquez: Battle of the Trilogies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafael Marquez v. Juan Manuel Marquez: Battle of the Trilogies

So I've been wondering, since Marquez completed his masterful trilogy, and his brother having his own ATG trilogy (for purposes of a fair comparison, we'll forget that awful fourth fight) in the bag, who's trilogy do you rate higher?

The Marquez/Vazquez fight were known for their savagery, brutality and unending violence. Marquez is 1-2 in this classic. You can argue that he's 2-1 in this classic.These fights featured knockouts to cap off the marvelous fights. Drama in these fights, fighters being washed up, coming off the deck, knockouts, close decisions and more.

The Marquez/Pacquaio fight were also known for their brutality, with much finesse thrown in from JMM's side. High drama oozes throughout the trilogy. JMM hits the deck and roars back. Underrated and thought to finally be outgunned in a weight class that previously, he looked like a walking twinkie in, to arguably win in convincing fashion. Officially, Marquez is 0-2-1. Arguably you can argue that he's either 3-0, 2-1, 1-1-1, 1-2 or even 0-3

In your opinion, whose trilogy will you be more fond of as the years go by? Marquez/Pacquaio or Marquez/Vasquez?

**Note, this question will be reevaluated if/when Marquez/Pacquaio IV pops off**

Discuss
    Juan Manuel Marquez had the greater trilogy with Pacquaio
    40.00%
    Rafael Marquez had the greater trilogy with Vasquez
    50.00%
    I hold them both at about equal placement or I'm undecided
    10.00%
    I hold neither of them in high regard...
    0.00%

Vazquez/Marquez was probably the better action.

For the record, I thought both Marquez brothers won their trilogies.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Vazquez/Marquez was probably the better action.

For the record, I thought both Marquez brothers won their trilogies.
      Personally I put JMM/Pacquaio a bit higher because I feel that we are dealing with a much higher level of fighters and its pretty astonishing that the war they're raging are always being fought at this high level.

And yes, I too though both brothers won their trilogies. Some of the most unlucky bastards when it comes to these trilogies

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        Personally I put JMM/Pacquaio a bit higher because I feel that we are dealing with a much higher level of fighters and its pretty astonishing that the war they're raging are always being fought at this high level.

And yes, I too though both brothers won their trilogies. Some of the most unlucky bastards when it comes to these trilogies
        Well yea, Pac/Marquez is more significant.

But the better action is Vazquez/Marquez IMO. Not sure which you're asking.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Well yea, Pac/Marquez is more significant.

But the better action is Vazquez/Marquez IMO. Not sure which you're asking.
          Which you prefer and the reasons...I prefer Pac/Marquez not cause of their significance in the history books but because of the level of quality in the fighters raging their battle. These guys duke it out at such high finesse and for it to be down to the wire in each contest.

I can certainly see the appeal of Marquez/Vasquez when it just comes to just insane violence. Has that Gatti/Ward feel to it

Comment

The significance of the fight has nothing to do with which was better. I'm choosing Rafa's trilogy on this one.

Comment

This isn't even close, the first three Vazquez-Marquez fights were all better than either the first or third Pacquiao-Marquez fight, and the third is better than the second Pacquiao-Marquez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                This isn't even close, the first three Vazquez-Marquez fights were all better than either the first or third Pacquiao-Marquez fight, and the third is better than the second Pacquiao-Marquez fight.
                Anything can be debated

And besides...you have to step your game up bro...

Mike Alvarado > Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Anything can be debated

And besides...you have to step your game up bro...

Mike Alvarado > Muhammad Ali
                  Lol, Prescott was as far as I could go before the character limit for my sig stopped me. I was planning to go further. Maybe I'll redo it.

Comment

Working...
                  X