Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Just Dont Get The Hype For Either Guy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Dont Get The Hype For Either Guy!

Im going to put my opinions on it in this one thread so I dont have to keep repeating it and you can go back and check my other post because I called this before the fight. 1st of all I like boxers like Martinez because I think most of the public is biased against them and always only love brawlers. Then I watched the fight with Cintron live. I remember it clear as day. Everyone was excited after the fight about Martinez and I thought he looked like straight garbage. We all know Cintron is average and he's 10x worst against Southpaws yet Martinez still looked like crap. I said that immediatly after the fight and wasnt high on him at all like others were.

Then you have my boy Williams who I love watching but that dont make him an elite fighter. You have seen me make the post time & time again about how I think people overrate him too much. Whenver there is a Pac-Williams thread, everyone says that Williams will stretch him and Im the only one who says, how can you say that for sure? Dude just recently loss to Quintana who is a Southpaw like Pac and Pac is 10x better than. Why is it so out of the question to people for Pac to do with Sergio & Carlos did when he's way better, has a way better trainer, and probably has the power to finish him? I keep saying that no one else on the P4P list has a recent loss like Quintana. Every guy on the P4P list have only lost to the best or they lost early in there career in like there 2nd fight or when they were teens. No one has a loss to an average guy like Quintana yet people dont care. If Floyd loss to Quintana then there would be a roasting.

Now no doubt Williams KO him in the rematch so alot of people say the 1st fight was a fluke. How do you figure? Carlos beat him convincingly over 12 rounds while Williams landed one big punch. I give more credibility to Carlos win than Williams. Anyone can get caught but when you beat a guy over 12 rounds then thats real. Even in the 1st round KO, Carlos still caught him again with a couple of big lefts. Thats why when people asked about this fight, I said that Martinez could do the same thing because he fights similar to Quintana. Burner made the thread earlier about Williams killing Floyd and I told him to wait until after this fight before you make threads like this because if he loses twice to guys like this then he is not the living legend people make him out to be. He's just not.

Thats why I dont get all the hoopla. This was a great fight but just because its a great fight doesnt mean that they are great fighters. Both Pac & Floyd are light years ahead of these guys P4P. They just are. That doesnt make them garbage. They are good but nothing special like you are trying to make them sound. They are just good fighters. They arent Pac, Floyd, JMM, Hopkins, and so on. Its not even close. So Martinez gives Williams hell and that makes him a beast? What if Williams just wasnt the beast that you thought? He's not. Have you seen him? He's just a freakishly tall volume puncher who gets away with it because he's Southpaw. He fights way smaller than his height, does no D, and shows no real skills. Martinez has some skills but something is missing. He doesnt move fluidly and thats why he got tired tonight. Im just not buying the hype. With that being said, I think Williams could still beat Pavlik but to me you can beat Winky, Pavlik, and Margarito all day but if you can also lose to Quintana, Martinez, and I bet that a guy like Lattimore would give him hell or Bute, then you are not great. You just arent. You can just fight certain styles
    Last edited by DLT; 12-06-2009, 12:17 AM.

****, man.

If you gathered all your posts, you could publish that **** into a collection of novels.

Comment

if only floyd's man enough to challenge himself like these guys.....then youd see whos' overrated....

Comment

i agree.

paul williams ain't ****. neither is sergio martinez.

Comment

I'd love to hear who the ts thinks is better than these guys at 154

Comment

I'm not reading that ****!

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
              if only floyd's man enough to challenge himself like these guys.....then youd see whos' overrated....
              Again man, Im not hating. They are good fighters. They just arent anywhere near the level that people act like and I said this even before tonight and said that the fight would probably go like this. Its not like I just say stuff just to say it. I try to state reasons why I feel that way and maybe Im wrong but its my opinion. Still, I cant see a guy on the P4P list losing to Quitnana the way that Williams did, yet its like his hype even got bigger. The fight with Cintron for Martinez was so ugly & horrible when he's the type of guy that should kill Cintron. That tells you something

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                I'd love to hear who the ts thinks is better than these guys at 154
                Lets be real, that aint really saying much

Comment

pwill KO quintana in the rematch means the first fight was a fluke.

pwill needs to rematch martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    Lets be real, that aint really saying much

They are the best in their division.

That means they are the elite of the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X