Heavy Baggin' Round 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Baggin' Round 2

Wut up guys,

Well I was kinda ashamed of myself, cause I got a little wasted with the boys last night, which I shouldn't have, considering it's St. Patty's day next weekend... So I decided to do a little bit of work on my day off. And then I figured I'd might as well film it to see the progess (haha, well hopefully there's been progress). I'm still mad sore, and I'm kinda thinking hard on the whole rotation and extension stuff, so the speed and power may not be 100% but I'm a little more concerned with the problems that "we" were talkin' about in the last thread. I'm getting really frustrated with my jab, so if anyone's got any advice there I'm all ears. Oh ya, I know I'm still punchin' pretty low, but where I was jabin' at the start was the absolute highest I can go on this crap ass bag. Any higher and my punches start glancing everywhere, getting stuck tearing the canvas and all that ****. Plus I think it'd break pretty quick if I hit it much higher, being as crap as it is. And, as McAlister said, I'm a little taller, so usually people in my weight are a little shorter.

Anyways, heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqyCS0iaF-U

Thanks for the feedback,
    Trick

and does anyone know how to put it into the post itself like most other people do?

Edit: K, lets see if this embed things works:

Last edited by Trick; 03-12-2007, 11:17 AM.

To post it here just grab the link from your youtube with these symbols in it <*object width*> and then copy in paste it here

-minus the stars

and the vid is still processing Ill check it out once its officially uploaded
    Last edited by McAlister; 03-11-2007, 06:43 PM.

Comment

You stand wayyyyyyyy to close to the bag homie.. you need to step back and throw the jab like you mean it. You're so close to the bag sometimes that I wonder why you even throw the jab.. it wouldn't do anything in the ring. I like the fact you kept your hands up high tho this time Shows you weren't our partying last night or whatever, right? Lol.. atleast you post vids tho. Good stuff.

Comment

This is just my opinion but, I think you should throw a lil more hip into the jab. Looks like your just springing it out there to tap the bag when you wanna set up for a combo. Just from what i'v alway been told or read or w/e put some hip in a lil and cork the fist at the end. But you look real good man, ima rock out a speed bag video soon so be on the look out!

Keep it up!

P.S. Your camera did the same dam fuzzy thing mine did =X

Comment

same problems as the last video man..those jabs are sorry..softer then shane mosley throws em..step into the jab and again it looks like ur standing on 1 foot throwin the jab..definatley put ur hips in to ur punches..and keep ur hands higher..anybody would crack ur ass right in the temple..dont worry tho boxing is a hard sport to learn..keep practicin

Comment

Absolutely no torque with any of your punches. You're not stepping in with your jabs; you're basically slapping the bag.

I see you've been studying Joe Calzaghe's style of punching.

Comment

ya, I really am having trouble with that jab. At the very begining you might have noticed that I kinda extend my arm out to touch the bag. That's basically what feels like the range to me. It's hard to explain, but basically anything farther than that feels too far. Any suggestions for that? I'd imagine it's a problem with technique, but I can't really pick out what that problem is. I think I developed a habit of those short jabs cause when I was young, I was a tiny motha****a, and I'd get bullied around the ring all day. So I'd just always be backin' up throwing these defensive jabs to get out of the way. But now I've got pretty long arms, and it would be stupid not to use them. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback guys, don't wanna clog up the forum with videos, but I learn a lot from seeing myself on film, and from what others say about it. I think people, especially people struggling with certain aspects about technique should post more vids. Anyways, what about the crosses, is there more proper rotation there? They feel more powerful. Thanks,

Peace,
              Trick

EDIT: Also, about the hands, that's about where I keep them in a fight. I usually don't get pounded to the head all that often. People like to abuse my body, which is I guess a pretty good idea, cause I'm a pretty skinny guy. So I keep my hands a little lower to help with blocking those body blows which kill me. I've never really been cracked on the temple. Never from a left hook, basically from a right, after I throw a left hook of my own, and body is rotated away from is right hand, then I have trouble seeing it coming.

And hell, he may not be the greatest, but if I can be as good as Joe Calzaghe, I'll be happy
              Last edited by Trick; 03-12-2007, 10:51 AM.

Comment

To me, I think the sound missing takes away from the pop that your actually puttin on the bag... So it may look like ya just tapping it real soft but prolly not

And with the jab, it looks like you're going for a more snappy jab oppose to a strong hard jab.. personally I think thats good, All punches should be snappy.. You guys have to remember, a Jab doesnt have to be like Klitscho's lol it's just a jab, and long as your snapping it, you should give ya opponent problems (or something to think about)

Comment

Quick is good, but theres a number of times where you kind of get in close and just flutter your fist back and forth... so it probably feels fast but thats not gonna do anything for you in a fight. You want to make sure you're popping out each one and bringing it back to your guard before popping it out again.

This did look like an improvement over your last one though. Just try to work on your keeping your range. Also your stance could probably be a little lower and your chin tucked a little more.

Also put a goddamn shirt on.

Comment

Haha, man I ain't go no time for laundry. I'd go to class with no shirt on if they let me, haha. I figured a bunch of boxers wouldn't really mind, and theres no one else down there on sunday nights, but when there's others around, I've got a little more class. Ya, McAlister's right about the sound. At the gym, they do pretty much all make the poppin' sound. Even when goin' real fast. But I do agree that when I'm throwin' them out real quick, there's not a whole lotta "sauce" on them. But when I'm goin' real fast, my point is to go real fast. If I have a "move" or whatever, it's flurrying hard with straights so the guy bring his hands up high, and then a do a quick uppercut to the body, when they're usually expecting it to the head. You'd be suprised at how often that works. McAlister, with your speed, I'd give it a try, works well for me at least. 'Course, even if my cam did have some sound, you wouldn't hear much on this heavy bag, cause it's more like a sack of potatoes than a real heavy bag.

I 100% agree with everyone on the range issue though. Luckily, I'm tall enough for my weight, so I don't really get punished for it, since even short jabs for me are about normal for everyone else. But eventually someone's gonna hurt me for it. I'm gonna make a point of harrassing my trainer about it.

Thanks for the feedback guys,
                    Trick

P.S. I finally figured out how to embed that motha, thanks McAlister

Comment

Working...
                    X