No announcement yet.

Which punch is the most POWERFUL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which punch is the most POWERFUL?

So this would be for most people I apreciate someone with long arms might have a different "strongest punch" compared with a short armed fighter.

What I mean by most powerful is literally which punch produces the most force. Not nessasarily which punch is most likely to ko someone or which is most effective.

I just want to know which punch produces the most total force/power.

Im guessing for an orthadox fighter its either the right uppercut, right overhand hook, left hook, or right cross.

But which one and why?

Depends who's throwing it.

Comment

It depends a lot of the fighter, but most likely a left or right hook because of the power generated by the rotation of body.

Comment

Comment

a short "straight"

left hooks kill though because they catch opponents blind sided

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            It depends a lot of the fighter, but most likely a left or right hook because of the power generated by the rotation of body.
            What about the right hook over the top so it has rotation and goes with gravity?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              a short "straight"

left hooks kill though because they catch opponents blind sided
              Why is a short straight right more powerful than a long straight right? Dosnt the long straight right have more time to build up speed?

I agree with left hooks defo have the highest ko % in boxing.

Comment

Donkey punch.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  What about the right hook over the top so it has rotation and goes with gravity?
                  I guess that would depend of the boxer and the mechanics of the punch. As I've said it depends a lot of the boxer because of several factors that are unique to each individual such as punching mechanics, predominant muscle fiber type, strength, speed, etc.

I said a hook because the rotation of the body generates power from the ground that moves up the body and is released with the punch.

Comment

For me it's the uppercut

Comment

Working...
                    X