Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: R. Garcia on Why Rios Gives Marquez ‘A Hell of a Fight’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: R. Garcia on Why Rios Gives Marquez ‘A Hell of a Fight’

One fighter who might have missed out on a huge payday is Brandon Rios. According to Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, the former lightweight titleholder from Oxnard, Calif., was in the mix to fight pay-per-view kingpin Manny Pacquiao next spring.

“I’m picking Pacquiao to win, because that’s who I want to fight,” the 26-year-old Rios (31-0-1, 23 KOs) said Friday night.

However, Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs) has possibly wiped out those plans with a single right hand Saturday night. The Mexican legend’s sixth-round blow had Pacquiao out cold for close to a minute and effectively ended the Filipino’s status as the best fighter on the planet. [Click Here To Read More]

Like Rios fighting style but Marquez would outbox him like Abril did. Wouldn't mind watchinh though

Comment

It's going to be Marquez - Diaz all over again.

Comment

I could see Rios/Marquez looking a lot like Diaz/Marquez.

Comment

hmmm a legend vs. a used car salesman who decided he was a fighter....

wow thats a tough one to pick. rios does not deserve to wash marquez's dirty dishes, let alone share a ring with him

and marquez will spark rios out in humiliating fashion, just like any top fighter in any weight division that tomato can decides to stay in. jus sayin

Comment

I'd rather see Marquez fight Canelo at a 150 CW. This is going to end in Rios getting knocked out, but Marquez will take some damage and gain nothing from beating Rios up. IMO Pacquiao-Rios makes more sense. Pac would destroy Rios but it would be an entertaining fight. This would be my plan for Pac: Rios, Bradley rematch and JMM. If he were to loose before getting to JMM time to retire. For JMM Canelo in May, Retire or Pac later in the year.

Comment

I have my 59.99$ ready. Cinco de mayo mexican vs mex american. Rios will lose but he will put on a show and go out on his shield. Make it happen.

Comment

Its funny how people all of a sudden forget how well Diaz and Katsidis did early vs Marquez, Rios has a better conditioned chin than both guys, his face holds up better, and he's a better puncher than both. I think it would be a great fight. Definitely would pay to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
                  Its funny how people all of a sudden forget how well Diaz and Katsidis did early vs Marquez, Rios has a better conditioned chin than both guys, his face holds up better, and he's a better puncher than both. I think it would be a great fight. Definitely would pay to watch it.
                  I think it's you forgetting how both Acosta and Alvarado hurt Rios. He will get hurt like that against Marquez and then finished. He gets hit to much chin is overated. Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley all proved you get hit enough on it you're going down. Plus this fight means absolutely nothing to Marquez. Rios is just another guy.

Comment

Another Juan Diaz ending...JMM would decimate Rios.

Comment

Working...
                    X