Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the reason mayweather has high ppv numbers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Personality. 2. Undefeated Record. 3. Skill. 4. Fight dates (Cinco de Mayo and Mexican Independence are the dates for 5 of Floyd's last 6 fights)

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
      what do people believe is the main reason pbf has high ppv numbers ? i maintain that its because a large part of the buyers do not like him and pay to see him get beat !!! in fact that a good a##whipping thats the only reason i would buy his fights , although after the ortiz joke i wouldnt pay again for anything he does.
      So you have a bad taste in your mouth for Floyd after the Ortiz fight even though Floyd did everything by the rules? Ortiz is the one who headbutted him all night long, and when he saw he was getting away with it he decided to take it a step further and try a flying dragon headbutt. Hell at that point I may have taken my gloves off and started choking the hell out of Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
        Tbh I think it's because most of his fans are uneducated (just my opinion) and don't know how to stream, look at some of his fans that post here, they can barely muster up a complete sentence. Then you can filter in his fight dates and his stacked undercards.

I don't think people watch him to lose, if that was so, how many loyal buying actual fans does he have? That'd be pathetic.
        Honestly most of the uneducated fans on here seem to be Pac fans. Don't get me wrong, Floyd has his fair share, but there are more on the Pac side. You constantly hear this **** talk from these dudes. It's pretty pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Most skilled fighter of this generation?
          A chance to watch greatness?
          A polarizing figure who knows how to hype fights?
          I think you hit the nail on the head.

Comment

-he's the best
            -undefeated
            -his personality (love or hate him)

Comment

Top level management.
              1.He is undefeated
              2.He fought and beat Oscar De La Hoya
              3.He proceeded to go on dancing with the stars (20 million viewers per episode)
              4.Is boastful and Bashful
              5.Made his way into mainstream america (bits during the All Star game festivities come to mind)

People that have never watched boxing in their entire lives know who he is. That's a testament to good marketing by his team.

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
                He actually sells less gate than Pac, but nice try.

And yes, I believe Floyd's fans are generally less educated (just my opinion) and don't know how to find a proper HD stream so they end up grabbing mommas credit card and buying it.

Of course you have actual fans that are going to buy no matter what, but these so called "haters" that are supposedly buying his PPV to watch him lose are too very stupid when they can watch on stream while not supporting him.
                You do realize you're logic makes no since. It's actually one of the least Intelligent post I've seen today. So I guess you fall right in line with the "haters" that are supposedly buying his PPV to watch him lose are too very stupid when they can watch on stream while not supporting him" category.

Comment

well he has high PPV numbers because he is probably the best fighter of this era, he has made himself known to the casuals and on top of that, he is a **** with plenty of people wanting to see him get chinned.

Comment

Because he is entertaining outside of the ring, the numbers don't like, look at his Twitter Followers, look at the boxing headlines and these boxing websites, look at the boxing forums, the most viewed and replied too topics always include Mayweather

Mayweather doesn't have a fight scheduled...hell we don't even know if he will fight again but people are still talking about him

Mayweather has EMBEDDED HIMSELF in the minds of most boxing fans, people who hate him are on his facebook and twitter just as much if not more then his fans

He knows how to sale himself, nobody in boxing today is bold enough to do the things that Mayweather does, Mayweather $50K in the strip Club is top news on TMZ lol, most boxers TMZ Paparazzi would walk right by them and not know who the hell they are

Mayweather built himself a BRAND, yeah he learned from Oscar and took full advantage of his Freedom from Top Rank and built and Multimillion $$$ Brand for himself

So regardless of all the **** talking that is done about Mayweather everyday...HE IS STILL WINNING...In and Outside Of The Ring! Mayweather gets paid to appear at Clubs, so it i funny when people say "HE IS WASTING HIS MONEY AT STRIP CLUBS HE IS GOING TO GO BROKE" they think that he is just going to the bank withdrawing money and throwing it away and that is far from the truth

Being hated in boxing is not a bad thing at all, you can make a lot of money being "HATED"
                    Last edited by sicko; 09-29-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Golden boy helped floyd boost his PPV. Floyd was not a ppv star until Oscar De La Hoya. And yes, even if you hate him you wanna see him get beat. When he fought Oscar, those PPV numbers were more because of Oscar, then floyd, when he fought Marquez, same thing - Floyd even said Marquez is bringing a whole country with him him. When he fought Cotto - Same stuff. Its the fans of the guy he is fighting that buy the fights, then the mayweather haters, then the few mayweather fans. Floyd is not the real PPV king, alot has to be attributed to his opponents.
                      Last edited by laudium; 09-29-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X