Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Decisions Daniel Jacobs To Unify Three Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
    GGG just said this was like a sparring match and a boring fight.
    He's a hater. And I'm quite disappointed to see GGG go from this.super humbled and respectful boxer, to being a complete sore loser. Fight was far from boring.

Comment

• Canelo 116-113. Jacobs had some good rounds and landed some good clean shots but didn't do enough in a lot of rounds. Canelo showed excellent defense once again and outjabbed Jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        I wont go on about who I thought won tonight but Ill say this. My best friend just happened to be staying with me tonight. He isnt a boxing fan and knows nothing about the sport. I told him, "Bro just watch the whole fight and dont listen to what the commentators say and tell me who think won after its over if it goes 12"

During the fight he would comment about how the commentators would say that Canelo landed a punch and he would say, didnt that go off the black guys glove? and i would be like yea, he blocked that, dont listen just watch the fight.

Long story short he was surprised Canelo won the fight, this is a guy who never watches fights. No bias, 100 percent shocked that Canelo could do next to nothing and win a fight.
        My buddy and I both had scorecards and we both thought Jacobs won by 2 rds. Clenela was helpless against the southpaw stance which the commentators "maybe" mentioned once. They would say things like "He suddenly got stronger there.." right after Jacobs switched to a southpaw stance and landed a solid punch.

It's like they were trying to acknowledge something but would not give credit to Jacobs for either landing a punch or making a tactical adjustment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby26 View Post
          The Dazn crew said that Canelo is having knee problems and wl have it checkd out aftr the fight. His knee was really bandaged. looks like he may nd another surgery. Also may be reason he didn’t move better.
          Another knee surgery would suck.

But if he has to take time off then maybe that will force Golovkin to fight somebody with a pulse, instead of trying to coast his way into a 3rd Canelo fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
            Your buddy is a casual and doesn’t know what to look for in a fight. Why don’t you just come out and say you thought Jacobs won. And accept your biased.
            Canelo definitely didn’t look like a powerhouse tonight, but I think it’s clear that he won. It “felt” like Canelo was doing more, even if Jacobs has good moments in the 2nd half of the fight.

The punches that Canelo landed just looked better and more crisp and that’s really how most of his fights go for him. He has good fundamentals and has a good mix of punches in his arsenal and they are better to look at.

He had a judge friendly style and judge friendly combinations and they look good when they land. That’s how he wins fights. That’s how everyone wins fight. Clean and effective punching.
            Last edited by b Murphington; 05-05-2019, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• So you’re saying your friend who has never watched boxing should be scoring championship fights??? GTFOH

Comment

• Cool story

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                I wont go on about who I thought won tonight but Ill say this. My best friend just happened to be staying with me tonight. He isnt a boxing fan and knows nothing about the sport. I told him, "Bro just watch the whole fight and dont listen to what the commentators say and tell me who think won after its over if it goes 12"

During the fight he would comment about how the commentators would say that Canelo landed a punch and he would say, didnt that go off the black guys glove? and i would be like yea, he blocked that, dont listen just watch the fight.

Long story short he was surprised Canelo won the fight, this is a guy who never watches fights. No bias, 100 percent shocked that Canelo could do next to nothing and win a fight.
                Cool story bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  My buddy and I both had scorecards and we both thought Jacobs won by 2 rds. Clenela was helpless against the southpaw stance which the commentators "maybe" mentioned once. They would say things like "He suddenly got stronger there.." right after Jacobs switched to a southpaw stance and landed a solid punch.

It's like they were trying to acknowledge something but would not give credit to Jacobs for either landing a punch or making a tactical adjustment.
                  You and your buddy need to stop watching boxing go back to nascar

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post

Wow that shows how clueless you are about boxing. Nothing new demo you. Jacobs had his worst rounds as a southpaw, even Errol Spence was tweeting that. He has no D in southpaw and that’s when Canelo took over in the middle rounds. When he finally switched back he had his best work in orthodox. Did you even watch the fight? Are you high? and you had Jacobs up by 2? Wow. Hilarious. Ray Leonard was just dissing Jacobs for fighting southpaw. You really are delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      You and your buddy need to stop watching boxing go back to nascar
                      Exactly haha. Him and his buddy are clueless about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X