Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Feels Wilder Should Not Do Trilogy, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the days Mike Tyson lost twice in raw against Holyfield? It took him 5 years to get another huge fight ( Lennox).

Wilder doesn`t have much time, he is nearly 35. If he doesn`t fight Fury again, he will be expected to fight Kownacki, Ruiz, Hunter, Martin. All these are dangerous fights for a man coming from a loss by stoppage. And if he loses against Ruiz, for example, his real career is pretty much over.

He is on crossroads and there are no easy choices for him.
    Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 02-25-2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      that's how my people are it was taught to them and they have made a culture out of it
      Sad when you really think about it. It's like the "fans" said, oh well, on to the next one."

I'm sorry but I respect fighters and what they have to sacrifice for my entertainment....I can't look at it any other way.

Most of those idiot fans have no idea what it's like to have a damaged ear drum and how that would impact any fighter out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by marquisjohnson View Post
        Back to fighting PBC bums for 1 million dollar paydays0

Red Karma: Next time, respect the boxers who sacrifice for us and not belittle them with names.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
          You don't need to avoid that punch for 12 rounds if you can stress him aerobically within 3 or 4 rounds to the extent that he can barely stand up.
          But you need to avoid that punch every minute that fight is occurring because thats not the place for complacency for one second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
            For sure...Haymon will shuffle the Protected-Boys-Club heavies around for under a mil each fight, get the Shet Squad back in...all the while Haymon sits back sipping on cognac...Hennessy style...LMFAO !
            Al don't sip on Henny.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Al don't sip on Henny.
              If he ain't sipping, guzzling for sure...

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                But you need to avoid that punch every minute that fight is occurring because thats not the place for complacency for one second.
                Lot easier said than done, right? That’s why Wilder has been so successful. Even Fury, who is as slick a heavyweight as we’ve seen in years got caught twice. And very few heavies — if any — would’ve gotten up from that second knockdown. Wilder is still a force. Too many people are writing him off.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Lot easier said than done, right? That’s why Wilder has been so successful. Even Fury, who is as slick a heavyweight as we’ve seen in years got caught twice. And very few heavies — if any — would’ve gotten up from that second knockdown. Wilder is still a force. Too many people are writing him off.
                  Exactly. And so far, only a 6.9 giant has been able to take that punch flush. I'm not 100% confident that any other heavyweight can just take that punch flush for the duration of a fight, and none have a perfect defense either. It is still a monster-sized eraser. It's kind of like when an earthquake hits and there wasn't much damage and everyone thinks its okay to party, only to find out the aftershock was far worse. If Wilder has 5 more top fights, some of those fighters will be flattened and hard because they were dumb enough to think there is a "Blueprint" when in fact, the human biology does not have a blueprint for withstanding being hit with a sledgehammer......and avoiding it is easier said that done as you mentioned.
                  Last edited by richardt; 02-28-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Exactly. And so far, only a 6.9 giant has been able to take that punch flush. I'm not 100% confident that any other heavyweight can just take that punch flush for the duration of a fight, and none have a perfect defense either. It is still a monster-sized eraser. It's kind of like when an earthquake hits and there wasn't much damage and everyone thinks its okay to party, only to find out the aftershock was far worse. If Wilder has 5 more top fights, some of those fighters will be flattened and hard because they were dumb enough to think there is a "Blueprint" when in fact, the human biology does not have a blueprint for withstanding being hit with a sledgehammer......and avoiding it is easier said that done as you mentioned.
                    Lol Good post.

Whyte was running his mouth after the fight. I would love to see Deontay shut it before a Fury trilogy. I don’t always feel that way, but it would serve a dual purpose: it would also shut some yaps around here. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Lol Good post.

Whyte was running his mouth after the fight. I would love to see Deontay shut it before a Fury trilogy. I don’t always feel that way, but it would serve a dual purpose: it would also shut some yaps around here. Haha
                      100% agree..I would still favor Wilder over AJ as well...wouldn't mind seeing that one too.

Would rather see Wilder vs either one of those guys before he faces Fury again though

Comment

Working...
                      X