No announcement yet.

16 oz gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 oz gloves

First of all, hello guys. my first post!

So, i have signed up for a charity boxing even where i'll box 3 x 2 minute rounds. As a huge boxing fan i have wanted to do this for years and finaly taken the plunge.

All sparing and the fight itself is to be in 16 oz gloves. I recently bought a pair and i have been doing rounds on the heavy bag. my issue / concern is that due to the size of the gloves, it's impossible to form a proper fist and it feels like my thumb is in an awkward position and any mis timed / blocked shot could potentially jar the thumb?? is this a common thing or is a glove fit issue?

Originally posted by gbom45 View Post
    First of all, hello guys. my first post!

So, i have signed up for a charity boxing even where i'll box 3 x 2 minute rounds. As a huge boxing fan i have wanted to do this for years and finaly taken the plunge.

All sparing and the fight itself is to be in 16 oz gloves. I recently bought a pair and i have been doing rounds on the heavy bag. my issue / concern is that due to the size of the gloves, it's impossible to form a proper fist and it feels like my thumb is in an awkward position and any mis timed / blocked shot could potentially jar the thumb?? is this a common thing or is a glove fit issue?
    Normal especially if you don’t have huge hands. Wrap hands properly & youll be fine.

Comment

Also, which gloves do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
        Also, which gloves do you have?
        Yup, they vary size and weight from brand to brand .
        Casanova are huge.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
          Yup, they vary size and weight from brand to brand .
          Casanova are huge.
          Ive had a few that were too big, and I downsized to make a better fist

Comment

Gloves all fit differently. I tried a lot before finding some that allowed me to make a proper fist that wasn't making the middle digits of my fingers bang the target.
            If you get wrapped by a coach, make them aware of the issue and ask them to wrap with some folds over the knuckles at the beginning of the wrap, and then less material crossing between the fingers and over the palm.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Gloves all fit differently. I tried a lot before finding some that allowed me to make a proper fist that wasn't making the middle digits of my fingers bang the target.
              If you get wrapped by a coach, make them aware of the issue and ask them to wrap with some folds over the knuckles at the beginning of the wrap, and then less material crossing between the fingers and over the palm.
              I do what Abel Sanchez refers to as stacking

Comment

Working...
              X