Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No DAZN commercial for the Superbowl. Missed opportunity.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
    I dont watch football. What promotions did have a commercial?
    Fury/Wilder II had like 4 at least, the first one was 30 secs but the rest were longer.

Comment

I watched the Superbowl on DAZN and it was just the exact same feed from the CTV Canadian network here... Except it froze once! RAD!

Comment

FOX probably rejected it

$5.6 Million for 30 Seconds is just INSANE I was shocked when they showed that cost last night WTF! No wonder the NFL makes so much damn money My Goodness. Then again maybe it is worth it since it was 102 Million people watching last night

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Maybe instead of that card they had Thursday they should've used that money for a Superbowl commerical. Makes more sense that the "Netflix of Sports" target sports fans. Especially football fans since they're trying to get NFL rights.
          You've got to have something to sell though.

Say what you want, having Tom Brady come forward, in a speech that sounded like a precursor to retirement, to turn around and sell Hulu, actually made sense and likely made Hulu some money.

Who/what does DAZN have to parlay that?

Canelo doesn't like promos in English, Joshua getting stopped in MSG by the Snickers fat kid hurt his momentum, and there's really no one else with DAZN.

Feature Michael Buffer in a commercial? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Fury/Wilder II had like 4 at least, the first one was 30 secs but the rest were longer.
            4, as in 4 wilder vs fury commercials during the superbowl? If that's correct then holy ****, they just spent $20+ million on promotion in 2 hours. This fight's going to need to sell like 2 million PPVs to break even now?

Well careface, at least it's all hype for a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              I doubt people would care during the Superbowl tho... Now if we talking a card then i would agree but the app... Idk. Imo
              The Superbowl is literally the only time people care about commercials. There are awards given for Superbowl commericals

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
                I dont watch football. What promotions did have a commercial?
                Top Rank and PBC for Wilder vs. Fury 2.

Comment

The Superbowl is literally the only time people care about commercials. There are awards given for Superbowl commericals
                  Commercials to laugh at.... Not to go buy some sports app they will not remember.
                  People don't even remember whats being promoted or sold. Unless its somthing like a popular brand. Not some obscure sports app

Then look at how much it costs..... They would lose so much money it would be crazy.

If its not being sold to a wide audience its not worth it. I mean how many people you think would have bought the app to ve worth. Millions. That would be the nail in the coffin
                  Last edited by KillaMane26; 02-04-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                    Commercials to laugh at.... Not to go buy some sports app they will not remember.
                    People don't even remember whats being promoted or sold. Unless its somthing like a popular brand. Not some obscure sports app

Then look at how much it costs..... They would lose so much money it would be crazy.

If its not being sold to a wide audience its not worth it. I mean how many people you think would have bought the app to ve worth. Millions. That would be the nail in the coffin
                    Do a Google search right now for Superbowl commericals. They're writing articles about the best and worst commercials. That's all more free advertising on top of the $5.6 mil spent for a commercial. You're creating brand awareness

Comment

Maybe instead of that card they had Thursday they should've used that money for a Superbowl commerical. Makes more sense that the "Netflix of Sports" target sports fans. Especially football fans since they're trying to get NFL rights.
                      Fox surely wasn’t going to allow DAZN to promote during the super bowl.

Comment

Working...
                      X