No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder says he wants to fight Tyson Fury and calls him a coward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder says he wants to fight Tyson Fury and calls him a coward

In this interview, Deontay Wilder calls Tyson Fury out and says he's a coward.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/intervju...son-fjuri-trus

rough translation:

interviewer: "Tyson Fury made a lot of noise lately, that caught the attention of Klitschko. The Fury had problems with some of the fighters, but these were good opponents. You, on the other hand, destroyed all his rivals with no problems. You would be interested in a fight with Fury?"

Wilder: "I would like to meet with Fury right now, but he is a coward. He will not fight with someone who could defeat him. He showed this when he gave David Price his champion's belt of the Commonwealth of Nations."
    I'd love to see this fight.
    Fury wins
    35.00%
    Wilder wins
    45.00%
    Too close to call
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM.

Wilder would probably beat Fury but there are concerns over his chin, so it may be a case of whoever lands first. But I really don't rate Fury at this current juncture, potentially he could reach the top level but he has so many flaws and training with his Uncle is hardly the quality of training he needs.
    Last edited by D-MiZe; 08-15-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Fury would win. He's just thicker and more experienced.

Deontays ko streak ends either way.

Comment

I think Wilder's physical conditioning would win him this fight. Step-up fight, but it's definitely winnable.

Comment

Deontay Wilder is in serious need of a step up. Why not make Wilder-Hamer or Wilder-Perez. Good step up fights if you ask me.

Fury is garbage, but at least he beat Chisora.

The only HW's aside from the Klitschko's that I think could be worth a damn in the end are Price, Perez, Wilder, Joshua, and Pulev. Haye and Chisora aren't that bad either I guess.

Comment

I would be going for Wilder no doubt but without facing any adversity whatsoever, I don't see him beating Fury. Fury has superior skills, even showing an ability to fight southpaw effectively if necessary. His opposition has been far superior as well.

Comment

the day that tyson 'i hit myself wtith an uppercut' fury is considered to be the biggest threat to klit is a sad indeed.

would love to see wilder go out and KO this bum but imo deontay needs to step up in competition first . fury has been in with some good senior pro's.

does anyone here closey follow deontay's career? any ideas if hes filled out now? i know when he turned pro he was just above 200lbs despite bein 6 7'.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Deontay Wilder is in serious need of a step up. Why not make Wilder-Hamer or Wilder-Perez. Good step up fights if you ask me.

Fury is garbage, but at least he beat Chisora.

The only HW's aside from the Klitschko's that I think could be worth a damn in the end are Price, Perez, Wilder, Joshua, and Pulev. Haye and Chisora aren't that bad either I guess.
                Fighting a 6ft tall guy he better beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                  the day that tyson 'i hit myself wtith an uppercut' fury is considered to be the biggest threat to klit is a sad indeed.

would love to see wilder go out and KO this bum but imo deontay needs to step up in competition first . fury has been in with some good senior pro's.

does anyone here closey follow deontay's career? any ideas if hes filled out now? i know when he turned pro he was just above 200lbs despite bein 6 7'.
                  They probably feel that way cause of his height.

Comment

wilder still needs to gain like 40 pounds.Its been 4 years now hes been
                    pro,Still the same damn weight tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X