Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok gentlemen, id like a mans point of view......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] ok gentlemen, id like a mans point of view......

i have 4 really close girlfriends. and three of them are experiencing their marriages/relationships failing.

i happen to be their ear/shoulder...and dont share with the others what they say. there is a common theme tho, and its upsetting to me.

so, while i have deep knowledge of a womans point of view (and i know all relationships are unique, people are different,etc) i would really like to know a mans point of view...

1. what does commitment mean to you?
    2. what does being in a relationship/marriage mean to you?
    3. how do you feel about your woman remaining an individual in your relationship?
    4. what will you not tolerate in a relationship?
    5. what does compromise mean to you?
    6. how do you keep the love alive...in other words, how often do you feel you have to reinforce the feeling to your woman that 'shes the one' or that she is appreciated?

i know its a lot. but im baffled. i dont understand why people who are obviously head over heels with one another...STILL after so many years...let bull**** get in the way. and im equally baffled why people who DONT feel that way about each other are STILL in relationships that arent failing.

sigh

calling her back at halftime

no more other poon allowed

3. how do you feel about your woman remaining an individual in your relationship?

that's fine

disrespect

listening to her concerns and i guess tryin to do something about it if i can

6. how do you keep the love alive...in other words, how often do you feel you have to reinforce the feeling to your woman that 'shes the one' or that she is appreciated?

if its real love, it doesn't need to be 'kept' alive...it lives on its own

Comment

Originally posted by nillamilkshake View Post
      i have 4 really close girlfriends. and three of them are experiencing their marriages/relationships failing.

i happen to be their ear/shoulder...and dont share with the others what they say. there is a common theme tho, and its upsetting to me.

so, while i have deep knowledge of a womans point of view (and i know all relationships are unique, people are different,etc) i would really like to know a mans point of view...

i know its a lot. but im baffled. i dont understand why people who are obviously head over heels with one another...STILL after so many years...let bull**** get in the way. and im equally baffled why people who DONT feel that way about each other are STILL in relationships that arent failing.

sigh
      The number one cause of failing relationships is that people don't want to put in the effort to make them work. You get people with bullshit like "I still love her but I'm not IN LOVE with her".

Garbage. You need to expend constant effort to make a relationship work. Life is not a romance novel, and not just because life doesn't have stupid shirts and silly haircuts.

Comment

*reads thread title*

Gentlemen, start your fapping!

Comment

Women are like cars.

A little loving care, followed by a whole lot of wide open throttle.

Comment

Women are a lot like guns, keep one around long enough and you'll want to shoot it.

Comment

Kidding, of course... currently in a long term relationship I'll help with your thread when I've got a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

calling her back at halftime
                because you want her to know shes important to you or cos you feel you have to?

no more other poon allowed
                alright.what about flirting?what about emotional closeness with someone else? if she was ok with al of that cos you were ok with her having/doing the same...would you remind her she was number one and keep somth very special between you that you gave to noone else???

that's fine

so like you can do whatever you can so she can continue to pursue her own individual interests, just as you do?

disrespect
                agreed. and willyou also give respect? how EXACTLY?

listening to her concerns and i guess tryin to do something about it if i can

even to the point of giving something up cos you know it bothers her?

if its real love, it doesn't need to be 'kept' alive...it lives on its own
                awwww. sweet but naive

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Women are like cars.

A little loving care, followed by a whole lot of wide open throttle.
                  women are like cars.

you gotta test drive before you purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    The number one cause of failing relationships is that people don't want to put in the effort to make them work. You get people with bullshit like "I still love her but I'm not IN LOVE with her".

Garbage. You need to expend constant effort to make a relationship work. Life is not a romance novel, and not just because life doesn't have stupid shirts and silly haircuts.
                    Men are not naturally monogamous, so it's always going to happen. The question is, are most men who cheat doing it because they can't control themselves or are they just selfish?

It's hard for me to imagine cheating on somebody I love, but I haven't been 'in love' yet so I don't know. Lots of relationships are just based on convenience anyway. Too many people can't live on their own. So what happens is that people don't wait until they are truly happy with themselves and just rush into things, and it all falls apart in the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X