Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travis Kauffman, The Fastest Heavyweight Today? (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Kauffman, The Fastest Heavyweight Today? (Video)

Here is a video of Travis Kauffman, 17-0 (14 KO), of Reading, PA doing some light padwork with father/trainer Marshall Kauffman. He is 23 years old and will be fighting tomorrow night on ESPN2 against William Shahan.

Originally posted by The Buzz View Post
    Here is a video of Travis Kauffman, 17-0 (14 KO), of Reading, PA doing some light padwork with father/trainer Marshall Kauffman. He is 23 years old and will be fighting tomorrow night on ESPN2 against William Shahan.

I would have to say Eddie is the fastest HW for me right now.

However, Kauffman looks pretty fast himself.

Am looking forward to seeing him in his fight tomorrow.

I expect him to be in good shape and focused. Wish him the best of luck.

We need some excitement in the HW division right now...

Comment

He looks quick for a heavyweight, but both Eddie Chambers and David Haye look at least as quick, if not quicker. That kind of handspeed will certainly help Kauffman anyway.

Comment

Does he have any kind of pop? I can see his KO% but are there actual KOs or just accumulation TKOs?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
          He looks quick for a heavyweight, but both Eddie Chambers and David Haye look at least as quick, if not quicker. That kind of handspeed will certainly help Kauffman anyway.
          Those guys are fast, but they're also both 200 pounders who could be cruiserweights. Kauffman is a 230 pound heavyweight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
              Does he have any kind of pop? I can see his KO% but are there actual KOs or just accumulation TKOs?
              He can pop, he throws his punches correctly and accurately, but he doesn't rely on the one punch. He's a boxer-puncher who relies on his skill and breaking someone down instead of just going for the one big shot.

But he can also do this:

Comment

Nice gif Buzz, it's usually the punch you don't see that hurts the most!..

As for Kauffman, he seems like a decent hw prospect who has a good record for a guy who's only been pro for 3 1/2 years. I hope he steps up soon....

Comment

Originally posted by The Buzz View Post

those are short punches..he's not that quick.

He also looks tiny for a HW as well, probably why he's a bit quick.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPromoter View Post
                    Nice gif Buzz, it's usually the punch you don't see that hurts the most!..

As for Kauffman, he seems like a decent hw prospect who has a good record for a guy who's only been pro for 3 1/2 years. I hope he steps up soon....
                    The idea after this fight is to have him either on ESPN2 or ShoBox later this month or next month, get him 20 fights by year's end and then HBO early next year. His step up is coming.

Remember, of those 3 1/2 years, he was laid off 14 months. He's gotten a lot done in his career in a short period of time. He's still only 23 years old.

Comment

Working...
                    X