Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More disastrous cherry pick? Pacman/Oscar or Pacman/Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both were pretty bad but oscar hadn't been a P4P guy for years and Pac was top 3 at least consistently and got one punch KO'd.

That was a far worse loss.

Comment

Oscar cherry picking Pacquiao and it is not even close. I'd say Pacquiao cherry picked Marquez in their third fight but that didn't end in a brutal beat down, Oscar got sodomized. Pacquiao got fucked up in his fourth fight but I wouldn't call that a cherry pick.

Comment

Due to the history of Pac never being able to beat JMM convincingly, I would have to say Oscar cherry picking Manny. We know Pac was hoping to “out due” Mayweather and that back fired badly (both times) but I think Oscar cherry picking Manny and quitting in his corner was worse.

Comment

Both were s**t fights no matter how you look at it, from either fighters point of view, except maybe Marquez.

Comment

How can Manny vs Marquez be considered a cherry pick when the first 3 were close fights? There were many who gave Marquez a decent chance of winning some also picked by KO.

Almost everyone thought that Oscar picking on Manny was a joke. Just check out some of the interviews such as the one from uncle Roger Mayweather .... they didn't even call it a fight.

Comment

He's talking about Pac-JMM III I believe. That was a bad cherry pick. I mean, the only thing Marquez had ever done at WW was lose a shut out to Mayweather, it wasn't a legit fight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                He's talking about Pac-JMM III I believe. That was a bad cherry pick. I mean, the only thing Marquez had ever done at WW was lose a shut out to Mayweather, it wasn't a legit fight at all.
                It clearly says "4" on the poll.

Comment

My bad, both weren't very good fights really, 3 or 4. I mean he took 3, which was horrible. And than the 4th was redundant, but I guess I could see why he had to take that fight, since he was embarrassed by what happened in November 2011 in the 3rd fight.

Comment

Pac arguably lost the 3rd Marquez fight so I don't see how in the world choosing to fight him again was a cherry pick.

As for the 3rd fight, when people on NSB were going crazy before the third fight saying Pac was going to KO Marquez, he was cherry picking a "small" marquez and all that I was shaking my head. Marquez would always be a tough fight for Pacquiao, always, and that should be known as fact by now.

The easiest fight that Pac could have made was rematching Timothy Bradley who was/is no threat to Pac whatsoever. That would have been the safe easy fight.

Comment

If Marquez was meant to be a cherrypick, I wouldnt want to know who Pacquiao considers a worthy opponent.

De La Hoya-Pacquiao could be cherrypick depending on how you define the word. If by cherrypick you mean, facing a guy you are meant to beat then losing to him kickstarting what ends up being an awesome career for the guy, then yes its a cherrypick.

Comment

Working...
                      X