No announcement yet.

Does handspeed blind flaws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
    Dude your just a ****ing racist lol. And whoever is in your avatar pisses me off, he looks so ugly.
    forgifs.com

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I actually must put this out there, I don't think Gamboa has a bad chin and I don't think his defense is that bad! I don't think they're great but I think he has been hit with some perfectly timed counters more than anything. I don't think he has done that much wrong just been hit with perfectly timed shots as he has got maybe a tad wreckless.
      Farenas for example in my eyes at least was underrated and he suckered Gamboa in and landed a beautiful counter left hook. That shot - Not many would of got up from. He recovered superbly from that.
      When you fight high calibre fighters and I still think Farenas is damn underrated, you're going to get hit from time to time.

I see tremendous talent in Gamboa, Khan - not so much.
      Both are pretty horrendous boxers. They can get away with it because they have fast hands, but the day they find someone who can time and counter them they are gonna be in big trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by -Pull ma Finga- View Post
        Both are pretty horrendous boxers. They can get away with it because they have fast hands, but the day they find someone who can time and counter them they are gonna be in big trouble.

Gamboa is a horrendous boxer?
        I wouldn't say Khan was either just very flawed. But Gamboa? Man, you've gotta be ****ting me?!

Comment

I think fast reflexes hides defensive flaws like RJJ, Ali, and Hamed.

But handspeed alone, I think that it causes people to get overrated more than anything. I think Khan is looking a lot like Zab judah in his career, people are always going to be talking about what could have been because they get so impressed by their handspeed but dont realize these guys are limited fighters and have major flaws as you said.

Judah I think more than anything else was a bit one dimensional and seriously lacked the ability to adjust mid fight. He would start out winning so much but while his opponents adapted and started gaining ground he couldnt counter adapt. His chin wasnt as bad as people said and for him lacking "heart" he always came in good condition and fought everyone there was to fight and didnt get in major trouble outside the ring despite his reputation for being some kind of thug. I think he just wasnt as skilled as people hoped. Fast hands dont equal skills. Khans got a lot of flaws too.

Comment

Gamboa is a horrendous boxer?
            I wouldn't say Khan was either just very flawed. But Gamboa? Man, you've gotta be ****ting me?!
            Common dude he can't even box for an entire minute. Definitely he can get away with his many and I mean many flaws because of his fast hands, but eventually his gonna find someone who can time and counter him and his gonna be in a place his never been. Even when he manages to get in the inside his no bueno. It sucks for him cause its too late for him to fix those flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by -Pull ma Finga- View Post
              Common dude he can't even box for an entire minute. Definitely he can get away with his many and I mean many flaws because of his fast hands, but eventually his gonna find someone who can time and counter him and his gonna be in a place his never been. Even when he manages to get in the inside his no bueno. It sucks for him cause its too late for him to fix those flaws.

I disagree, even if I didn't I feel age is so overplayed! He has just turned 31 with all the talent in the world, not 41!

Its just my opinion but for me age is so overplayed, most fighters don't peak until late twenties, early thirties! I first got into boxing and first boxed around 10-11 and I am still learning, every single day! I've probably learned more online - here/videos than from trainers/the gym.
              A surprising amount of great boxers didn't lace up a glove until their twenties!

I really do feel he is a young 31 though too.

And of course can box for a minute or whatever, hes an olympic gold medalist! Looks at his resume already and achievements. More than most people could ever dream of!

Comment

Power blinds flaws even more.

Comment

Does handspeed blind flaws?

To the untrained eye speed = skill but that is not the case. Speed is an attribute not a skill and can enhance and magnify skills but is not a skill. So if you have fast faulty technique as is the case with Amir Khan you will hear comments like he has crazy skills when in reality all he has is crazy fast hands flattering his technique.

Comment

Khan has been bred to be a mostly offensive fighter by Roach, his last couple of fights he seemed to have regressed as a fighter in terms of skills. If you look at the Malignaggi and Judah fights he showed more skill in those.

Khan has flaws, but then we should put things into perspective and say that all boxers have flaws. You could describe Khan's style as an unconventional, unorthodox style, and so the flaws seem more visible because of that, but not many fighters are able to capitalize on that, though Garcia laid a blueprint of one way he could be beaten which Molina tried to imitate but failed.

So basically it's true that Khan has flaws but every other boxer has flaws, in reality no one's perfect - even defense wiz Floyd Mayweather gets hit with some good shots from time to time.

Comment

How am I racist exactly? Yeah Rakhim isn't the most handsome guy in the world but he is the future and you've gotta live with that. Nothing you or the cruisers can say or do that will stop him and now hes with a Cuban trainer who guided Gamboa & Solis to olympic gold, nothing is getting in his way.

Rakhim is my boy but damn i am laughing so hard my girl is looking at me funny.
                      My man knows his is pimping in that hat. hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                      X