Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the better entertainer/showman camacho or prince naseem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were both good at promoting fights in their day.

Comment

Just re-read the original post. I have to agree as an entertainer Hamed. He didn't care if he was disliked, it motivated him to be even more over the top. Plus his antics weren't limited to outside the ring. He regularly bolo-punched and hot dogged his opponent IN the ring. At the end of the fight Macho wanted to be liked. Hamed didn't give a flying F' what you thought about him post fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        Hamed by a country mile.

Ring entrances, funny interviews, flip over the rope, 1 punch KO power, fighting style ie not much of a defense etc etc

Loved Camacho and hope the great man rests in peace but Hamed was on another level entertainment wise.
        this .

Comment

It's debatable because Hamed had some options that Camacho did not have. I don't think it would have been easy to have a flying carpet entrance in 1985. Still, I think what's important is that Camacho paved the way for showmen in boxing. He paved the way for Pazienza, Páez, Hamed, and Malignaggi and they paid indirect tribute by acknowledging and incorporating that into their style.

Comment

I can't say I saw much of Camacho growing up but I believe he has the original showman so big respect to him for that. However, I would also say Naz took it to another level that no-one in the history of boxing has matched.

Comment

Hamed came out to thriller..

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                Hamed came out to thriller..

/thread
                +1 That about sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  I just booked marked your website to check it or later, where in Jersey you from?
                  I'm a Jersey City native but now live in Manhattan.

Comment

If you asked this question a week ago, it'd be 18-0 for Hamed.

Comment

Working...
                    X